Fishing in 2007

Squid

30000 muskies die off in LSC, virus found in other species of fish in the great lakes chain, minnows form southern Ontario banned form use up north. These are just some of the headlines that have graced our news over the last year. So the question is what the fishing will be like this season. My primary species will be muskies followed closely by walleye. Targeting Salmon and Bows in Lake Ontario will be filler for me as they are easier to catch. The Salmon were larger in size over previous years and there seemed to be more Rainbows to be had in Lake Ontario last year. Personally, I believe that fishing the great lakes will produce a banner year in the Salmon and Trout categories.

What will be interesting to watch is the rebounding of Lake St.Clair in 2007. Was the die off due to, to many fish in the lake, allowing the virus to spread more easily between fish? My belief is that there will be plenty of Muskies to be had in Lake St.Clair this season. So let’s get those rods and reels ready, sharpen those hooks and hit the water running when the seasons open up. What are some of your thoughts on fishing in the coming year??

Hey Pete

I also think that this year will be a good year on the Great Lakes for Salmon and trout.

I want to fish Erie more for eyes.

The one thing that is evident is that the bass and muskie fishing gets better every year do the catch and release ethic of people! big bass are almost common now!

Hey Pete i will tell ya but I dont have to as ya already know you have a open invite to come down anytime so we can get some numbers out here on LSC. I hope the weather is better for the weeks that are planned this year what it was only 3 or 4 trips that were washed out. Fishing in the rain is one thing but when the lake is a mud hole stay home.

Last year the walleye fishing in the western basin of Lake Erie was the best it's been in quite a few years and according to the people that know this upcoming season is supposed to be as good or better. Stay tuned for my experiences on the big pond this season.

Whopper

ya right on...last year was one of the best ever for us and all us charter guys out of port darlington,there was 5of us made it to the podium for the salmon derby,so this :w00t: year they say will be the same due to a great 2002 spawning year,and the baitfish population is stable and good,i cant wait to get out on lake o,in a few weeks and get some spring fat salmon near the welland canal.....and walleye will be great again,i do excellent for them and i have a new boat so im just pumped and ready for the soft water....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: