Best Crappie Odds This Weekend?

diggyj

Where will the best chance to hook into some Crappie this weekend be? Scugog, Rice or in and around Simcoe? I have never fished for them before and only got hooked on them when I went ice fishing for the first time this winter.

I have a boat and can trailer to any of the above lakes. Will the odds be better from shore at some of those "HOT" Simcoe spots that everyone knows about?

Thanks.

Dirk

Where did you find them through the ice this winter Diggyj?

I don't recall seeing a report on them from you.

Cheers, Ron...

Out in front of Goreskis on Scugog! First time ever on Scugog.

Dirk

Edited by diggyj

heard scugog was doing pretty darn good

Key word .. "was" its been really swept.. some of the bays they have been catching them have been packed with boats.. not to say that you wont catch them.. just wont be as good as it was a week or so ago.

Key word .. "was" its been really swept.. some of the bays they have been catching them have been packed with boats.. not to say that you wont catch them.. just wont be as good as it was a week or so ago.

Slipped out for a bit last night on Sturgeon since the rain let up, only caught one in a place we were pounding them last weekend. Guess I'll have to expand my search. Water temps are changing fast with the wind and rain and that could have something to do with it.

Any one try fly fishing for them? I did good with a float last weekend then went back with my fly rod and some top water flies. WOW I couldn't keep them off it, don't know if I'll ever float fish for crappie again lol.

haha Rick me and a few buddies brought out 1 fly rod and figgured we'd try it out.. man we were fighting over it..! so much fun to use