So where was the MNR

Big Cliff

Ya...I live in Ajax now. Remarkably close to Duffins Creek. I walk my dog in there almost everyday now. It is really messed up! I walk around with a poop bag because I clean up after my dog, yet there is trash all over the place in there. 90% of the garbage comes from the guys fishing the pools! It's pathetic! Coffee cups, fishing line, hook packages and beer cans are perhaps the most abundant items to be found! I wouldnt even doubt that some of the same guys that do this stuff, lurk on here once in awhile! That area is a very cool place within the city to get a taste nature, yet morons ruin it all the time! The worst part is, there are garbage cans in the parking lot where they park their cars! Yet they just cannot seem to carry a coke can the 5 minutes it takes to walk back to their car in order to dispose of it properly. The thing that pisses me off most, is the fact that I am not permitted by law to have my dog off leash back there, yet these idiots can litter at will. Just lame!

Ab

Edited by Abraxus

be careful with that one Jay. your still allowed on the property if the landowner gives you permission to be on it when there is a no tresspassing sign up! If the owner of the property puts up a no hunting or no fishing sign up then no one, including the owner is allowed to hunt or fish! Its a stupid law,

This is incorrect at least as far as Ontario is concerned.

even if a property is posted the occupier still has the choice to allow entry or to allow a prohibited activity to occur. What this means is that the occupier can fish on a property posted to prohibit fishing and the occupier can permit others to enter the property to fish as well.

Taken from: http://www.mnr.gov.on.ca/en/Business/Enforcement/2ColumnSubPage/198397.html

Edited by Woodsman

were here in Brantford. The same story all over whitemans and the grand.I have a small solution that all on here may want to try out. Take a grocery bag in with you every time you go? Make a point to fill it every time your in there.This is all we do.it doesnt stop the jerks from littering but it helps none the less.Like you say there are garbage cans 90% of the time where we park. We also have waterfront on the trent north of campbellford.. Dont even get me started on those jerks. I have to clean up the shore line every time we go out there. Im almost 100% positive most of the trash there comes from the boaters.Guys how hard is it to keep a trash bag in those boats? If your worm box blows out, use those motors and go get em. We all have to get smarter when it comes to this. Everyone should be doing thier part to keep these waterways clean.

were here in Brantford. The same story all over whitemans and the grand.I have a small solution that all on here may want to try out. Take a grocery bag in with you every time you go? Make a point to fill it every time your in there.This is all we do.it doesnt stop the jerks from littering but it helps none the less.Like you say there are garbage cans 90% of the time where we park. We also have waterfront on the trent north of campbellford.. Dont even get me started on those jerks. I have to clean up the shore line every time we go out there. Im almost 100% positive most of the trash there comes from the boaters.Guys how hard is it to keep a trash bag in those boats? If your worm box blows out, use those motors and go get em. We all have to get smarter when it comes to this. Everyone should be doing thier part to keep these waterways clean.

Im sure there is a garbage can at the lot on clever rd.I dont know how many worm containers, beer cans, line and what ever else I find and toss in the can.But I always bring a bag.Whitemans is a beauty to fish, as well as ryerse creek in vittoria.And the carp I find there is enough to drive me nuts.Esp fishing line on the shore line and pathways.

We do see what others do!Keep that in mind!Just my rant

Vinni...my comment was directed back at Radnine as he made his original comment about 'ignorance and colour' in reply to my original rant. Not sure who you are speaking for when you say 'WE'...

Short term fix - call the OPP. They won't know or care about all of the fish and game laws the way a CO does (# of hooks on a lure, etc), when its something like what you described i'm pretty sure you'll get a response.

Long term fix - if the fines were larger (and they should be), then there'd be a business case for putting more COs out there (collecting more revenue). There's a reason cities employ LOTS of parking police...brings in REVENUE.

Short term fix - call the OPP. They won't know or care about all of the fish and game laws the way a CO does (# of hooks on a lure, etc), when its something like what you described i'm pretty sure you'll get a response.

Long term fix - if the fines were larger (and they should be), then there'd be a business case for putting more COs out there (collecting more revenue). There's a reason cities employ LOTS of parking police...brings in REVENUE.

That's right....increase the FINES, increase the penalties!!! So they can put more people on the field to catch those RATS...and have general deterrence on every ignorant...

Police should also be required to respond to reports...I mean, people are actually breaking laws. It is something serious, because they are harming the environment, causing conflicts between anglers. There were already many cases where anglers been assaulted, push into the lake, or even killed! So this matter should definitely be taken seriously!!

Fish limits should also be LOWER!!!! I mean....30 crappies...6 bass...6 pike...50 perch!!!50 sunfish!!!....WTH????..are you kidding me???? Is it really necessary to keep that many fish per day??? I know they are trying to control the fish population....but I think the MNRs miscounted the population of people in Toronto.....2,503,281!!!...I am not sure how many people fish in Toronto...but if every individual really catch their limits of fish every time....(which is not really hard to do for sunfish, perch, crappie, or even bass)then i don't think there will be any fish left in the lake...Actually, it is happening already as many of you guys notice... Sunfish, crappies, or perch nowadays aren't as easy to catch compare to couple years ago. The size is also smaller compare to what it used to be. I have been on many forums and seen many people showing off their BUCKETS OF FISH. They even try to show off their COOKING SKILLS...5-6 plates of fish on the table..steam, deep fried, bake, boil, soup, etc...sure it looks really tasty. But are you really that poor that you have to fish to eat fish??? It's just ridiculous how people are taking advantage of the fish limits and ignoring the harm caused to the environment... this really makes me sad :(

I just don't get it! There is more education on these subjects than ever and it just keeps getting worse.

I was all for "no closed season on panfish", but the MNR is going to have to step up to the plate if this crap is happening, families or no families. That can be said for any profession, they just have to coordinate their holidays.

If the garbage along the access points here bothers you, you should check them out in Florida. I felt like I was fishing in a landfill site along the Kissimee River a couple years back.

I still can't believe that the MNR and police have not come up with a system that works for individuals to call in when they are witnessing poaching. It will never stop until there is instant response to tips.