Computer Experts HELP!!!

laszlo

Just got a virus on my new computer. It's call "Security Tool". It acts like a virus protecter but is the virus itself.

It won't allow me to open any word or pic documents and won't let me open my AVG virus protecter that I purchased.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Laz

Just got a virus on my new computer. It's call "Security Tool". It acts like a virus protecter but is the virus itself.

It won't allow me to open any word or pic documents and won't let me open my AVG virus protecter that I purchased.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Laz

Actually had to remove this for a friend the other day. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool

Sounds similar to what the wife picked up last week, " XP Defender" wouldn't let you go anywhere, couldn't get AVG to run, wanted you to go somewhere and get a program to remove a so-called virus it had found.

I put "Malwarebytes " on a dvd for her and it got rid of it, would try getting hold of Malwarebytes and running it.

I lucked out on this one. I rebooted the compute in safe mode (hold down f8 when it tells you) and picked a system restore time before the mess started. Then I ran AVG to make sure everything was clean. That was a couple of weeks ago and everything has been ok since.

This can be a nasty one and the ass that wrote this should be keelhauled. Good Luck.

I lucked out on this one. I rebooted the compute in safe mode (hold down f8 when it tells you) and picked a system restore time before the mess started. Then I ran AVG to make sure everything was clean. That was a couple of weeks ago and everything has been ok since.

This can be a nasty one and the ass that wrote this should be keelhauled. Good Luck.

Did the same thing on my sister`s pc the other day.

First time i saw system restore actually work and do what its supposed to do haha.

Glad you fixed your problem tho

Sounds similar to what the wife picked up last week, " XP Defender" wouldn't let you go anywhere, couldn't get AVG to run, wanted you to go somewhere and get a program to remove a so-called virus it had found.

I put "Malwarebytes " on a dvd for her and it got rid of it, would try getting hold of Malwarebytes and running it.

I got that crazy xp defender virus a couple of months ago - the computer

place I took my computer to was doing a good business removing that virus

from various computers..........

Now that you have your computer clean you might want to install SpywareBlaster. It won't clean an infection but it will help to prevent spyware from happening.

Updating the program is very important as with all security, anti-virus, anti-malware programs. If you don't update you might as well not have them installed because sooner or later you will get infected because of it.

From the Java Cool Software website: "SpywareBlaster is passive protection. It plugs the holes that spyware and other potentially unwanted software use to get in to your system. As such, there is no running process - and no CPU and memory usage either. All you have to do is remember to update SpywareBlaster once a week, and enable the latest protection."

I have been using it for years. It is a free program. Just remember to update it and enable the latest protection which is the most important part. You won't even know it is there. Click on the download & information link below.

SpywareBlaster

Tom.