The Bog

fishinfool

Myself and everyone I fish with have always referred to Scugog as the "bog" or "Scubog" and it was a given that it was referring to the whole lake.

So in my eyes he did in fact say fishing was hot on Scugog and was not being location specific.

And for the record. I fished the bog Thursday and Saturday. And did good. I even got a nice 3.5-4LB largie yesterday. I was considering posting a picture JUST to give a few people who have there panties on too tight and nothing better to do, something to whizz and moan about :whistling:

OK OK.. My bad. I thought the bog was a sheltered area off the main lake with tons of cabbage and very little depth. I'd fished the area from a boat with some good friends from the board and didn't know that the bog we were fishing included the whole lake. Guess it's all pretty much the same when you think about it.

I apologize for my custy, punky remarks. Someone musta crapped in my wheaties.

Good post fishingfool. :)

good fishin but...

I gotta say I wish people would ease up on the location posting. I was out two nights ago and where I have been fishing in relative peace for several years there were 50-60 glow floats bobbing around. I realize Lake Scugog is no secret, but a lot of people read/lurk this board and I guarantee tonight there will be an extra ten down there searching for crappies.

end rant.

This is why I stopped posting, back to hibernation.

It doesn't matter to me if people want to post reports and spots etc. etc. With that said, I can see where he's coming from. Scugog is not only the closest crappie lake to Toronto, but it only has so many shore access spots as well (having a boat like yourself severely limits competition but we all can't be so lucky). Combine these factors with a post saying the crappie are on fire and I'm sure there will be a few extra fishermen making the trip from Toronto and thereabouts.

Anyway, looks like a good trip -- a 15" crappie is huge! I'm still looking at ice up here. Hopefully it breaks earlier than last year (last week in April).

yep.. you are wrong....

Try to see it from the perspective of a NON-BOATER's point of view... then you will understand the shoes that kemper and I walk in ..

thanks you for consideration.

Splashhopper

Absolutely unreal.

Jim

The Bog is a location? The whole god darned Port Perry side of the lake is pretty much a swamp/bog.

You and your pals with the cringing teeth should relax and get your rods take up your spot by the highway and do your part to rid Scugog of the invasive specie,the Walleye will thank you and I thank you.

I do believe those"spots by the highway" (causeway) are part of a fish sanctuary until the second Saturday of May...

Nice way to get a guy suckered into a ticket...

Hey Fishnfool. Thanks for the report and update on this "bog" place. Is that somewhere in Thunder Bay? If I can round the squareness of my car wheels and find my steering wheel, maybe I will drive there and check it out. Do I follow the route that says "bog" on the map? It sounds really interesting. What's a "bog"? Are we expected to know? Come to think of it, I know. But wait, apparently I am not welcome to fish there. Good thing you left your camera at home, because I'm sure it would have revealed your location. Hmmm. So it really doesn't make a difference then.

Anyway, Great job on the Crappie and thanks for the update. I hope to get out to open water myself in a week. Some would be relieved that I'm going straight north rather than east I'm sure.

good fishin but...

I gotta say I wish people would ease up on the location posting. I was out two nights ago and where I have been fishing in relative peace for several years there were 50-60 glow floats bobbing around. I realize Lake Scugog is no secret, but a lot of people read/lurk this board and I guarantee tonight there will be an extra ten down there searching for crappies.

end rant.

This is why I stopped posting, back to hibernation.

Do you have any clue as to how many fishing sites there are in Ontario alone? Google it, for you to say that "your" spot has been overrun because of fishinfools post is absurd. It's funny I think when everyone on here hopes there children, there childrens children and so on learn to fish, just as long as it's not in there hole. We had a beautiful weekend, hmmmmmmm maybe that brought a few out. And for the record I've never heard of Scugog being called the Bog, thanks Kemper, now I know

Great report fishinfool, glad you did so well out there. Btw next time be sure to take your camera, you never know who you can piss off on here with a great photo or two. Between this and Dr. Sals post on "lurkers" this whole argument is getting way too old. Anybody with a set of eyes and basic fishing knowledge can find good spots, so when I see the trout elitists standing in the middle of a rapid, or casting to that tiny pool right behind a rock, or drifting any bend with a hole on one side, do you think were surprised??

All you photo nazi's, with your new forums and members only crap, OLD OLD OLD, quit bashing peoples posts for your own agenda!