Part 1/3 of Archie's Walleye Dingy has arrived!

archie_james_c

Nice motor, Archie! And I'm pretty sure I can see the fine print on the motor that tells you the proper side is facing up :D Lookin' forward to your first report outta the walleye dinghy....just be careful turning around at the boat launches...I heard a story about a coupla guys up your way who ended up in the ditch one dark night :whistling:

Tiller.... nice. So what boat are you putting this motor on?

It's going on a 2005 Princecraft Holiday 16 foot I bought from Ottawa :).

Nice motor, Archie! And I'm pretty sure I can see the fine print on the motor that tells you the proper side is facing up :D Lookin' forward to your first report outta the walleye dinghy....just be careful turning around at the boat launches...I heard a story about a coupla guys up your way who ended up in the ditch one dark night :whistling:

As am I....and as for the ditch...IT WAS FIRST THING IN THE MORNING! What a start to a good day :P

That is a thing of beauty.

Thank you sir.

I'd say it's noticeably more "solid" feeling than my Tierra 2000. As for "smoothness" when reeling it's pretty much the same. The biggest reason I wanted to go to the Advantage is because their drag system is twice as powerful as the equivalent sized Tierra. Where our Tierra 2000's have a max drag of 4.4 lbs the Advantage all the way up to the Fuego-A has a max drag of 8.5 lbs. For this 7' rod I wanted a 2500 size reel to take advantage of the 15.5 lb max drag of the Advantage-A or higher, as opposed to the 8 something pounds the Tierra 2500 would have offered.

I probably won't really need the extra power but...I have too much time to ponder these things in my head :lol:

yep...way too much time.

I brought in a 14lb King on the 2000 with no problem

I see the research though...better price than I paid too...I know what I'm doing from now on

Edited by Dara

and whos gonna pull the boat to the river for you archie??? :P

i'll drive you and load and unload it if you gas up the outboard and make sammys, i'll go anytime!

and ya i was layed off for and on EI for 2weeks and went back to work and started a new job 3weeks ago still working construction and currently doing fine!

I wonder if this involved a couple of Lucky Lagers?.............LOL!

As for all this laying the motor on its side thing; once you have it off the pallet, you’ll notice that there’s a couple of feet/tabs on the one side of the motor’s case. Which makes it pretty much a no brainer; as which side, to lay the motor on, (if you ever had to) or at least mine did; it’s a 04 Honda 40 tiller.

Dan.

As for all this laying the motor on its side thing; once you have it off the pallet, you’ll notice that there’s a couple of feet/tabs on the one side of the motor’s case. Which makes it pretty much a no brainer; as which side, to lay the motor on, (if you ever had to) or at least mine did; it’s a 04 Honda 40 tiller.

Dan.

Yah the steel pallet it is bolted to has feet on only one side...which is a no brainer as to how you'd lay it.

Great looking motor Archie, my buddy has an older model of the exact same one....it purrs.........you'll love it...

As for the rods and reels....................I HATE YOU........................lol..............just kidding :tease:

:lol: thanks for the kind words Limey, even with all these fancy rods I still wont be able to winch in eye's like you!! :thumbsup_anim:

As for my jigging rod for this season I'm debating the following...

6'3" Medium X-Fast Croix Legend Elite

" " Croix Legend Tournament Walleye

IMX or GL3 Loomis 6' Medium, fast