Lookie what I got!

BFSC Kevin

and np wayne.

nNw to find a motor for it. I was thinking of sticking a 4 or 5hp on it, since that could also double as my kicker on my 16fter.

but the max rating on that sportspal is only 2hp...so I might get a 2hp and use that as a kicker. Don't want to get 2 motors.

Wow very nice! I'm interested to know where as well - really want one of these.

Are they really tough to tip compared to say a prospector style canoe?

My 16' Scott Prospector is very stable. Sportspal canoes have always had the built in (and around) closed cell foam floatation.Way more stable.Nice light boat especially with a small motor. Congrats on the new boat !

Edited by phiphntek

and np wayne.

nNw to find a motor for it. I was thinking of sticking a 4 or 5hp on it, since that could also double as my kicker on my 16fter.

but the max rating on that sportspal is only 2hp...so I might get a 2hp and use that as a kicker. Don't want to get 2 motors.

Kevin I use a 2hp Honda long shaft for my kicker on my 16ft Lund it does a fine job for trolling.I also plan On getting a sportspal

and I will use the long shaft I will just have to be careful in the shallows.

Nice score with the canoe.

MTP

Edited by Mike the Pike

Victor - When they told me the price, I drove over to check it out and boat it right away O.o pretty decent price!

MTP - I checked around a tiny bit, I can buy a brand new 4 stroke 2.5hp merc for $850+ tax or a 3.5hp merc for $995+tax(price matching BPS since they sold out already and I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for them to ship more in)

I'm leaning towards the 3.5hp merc. Weighs 40lbs, 12lbs-ish more than your honda.

Edited by kevin

Now about that motor.. I wouldn't be pushing the 2HP limit !!!!

Too heavy? its about only 12 lbs more than a 2hp

Too powerful? I won't be going WOT.. only to maneuver around and get to point B from shore

Warranty doesn't cover? ummm.. yeah....