leslie spit lagoon

castgame

has anybody been out the spit for pike yet? i'm thinking of going midweek, but i don't want to make the trek if it's iced in.

anybody had any luck in the gta on lake o for pike yet this year?

I was there last week, fully ice covered.

BTW, they are closed during the week.

hm, not a good sign

i know the park's closed weekdays, but is it patrolled? do people really care if you're there fishing midweek?

7-4:30 trucks rolling in and out as its a construction site. the guard in the tower may say something.

7-4:30 trucks rolling in and out as its a construction site. the guard in the tower may say something.

The 19-20 year old guy in the tower(seen him a couple times) is really cool if you chat with him!... he'll talk your head off though, 30 min. later I just wanna fish! He just tells you to stay off the main road and keep to the trail on the right, and if anyone asks, you never talked to him lol

-Ben

The 19-20 year old guy in the tower(seen him a couple times) is really cool if you chat with him!... he'll talk your head off though, 30 min. later I just wanna fish! He just tells you to stay off the main road and keep to the trail on the right, and if anyone asks, you never talked to him lol

-Ben

thanks for the info. i'll chat him up!

seriously, who could have a problem with an inconspicuous, conscientious fisherman in a public park? that'd be a shame

-Ben

Good info Ben!

Would've saved my friend and I from wearing one of these when we decided to go on a Thursday

syn11.jpg

They're surprisingly uncomfortable and they get hot real fast. Walking to the point was brutal. The one my friend loaned me gave me a rash.

Good info Ben!

Would've saved my friend and I from wearing one of these when we decided to go on a Thursday

syn11.jpg

They're surprisingly uncomfortable and they get hot real fast. Walking to the point was brutal. The one my friend loaned me gave me a rash.

You crack me up !!

DSN

so i went down to ontario place and spadina marina today, and though it was a gorgeous day for a lakeside walk, the water was gin and there wasn't a weed or a pike to be seen. i barely even bothered casting. i'm guessing we're a couple weeks early yet?

The Northern Pike are starting to come in shallow to spawn.. we were out today and they were there, and were following...

Get out before the season's closed for the spawn..

I'm going to be working too much and unable to fish this month.. so catch them for me guys.. and remember to post pics!

I was out at frenchmans today on the east side, nothing much, an old guy got a 3 lb pike and a catfish on a minnow, some guy snagged a carp with a rapala, really slow, almost a waste of time. Like Jigger said, if you dont want lots of company it might not be a good idea to say too much on here, but I want to put my boat in the water soon for the pike, anyone interested pm me

10 replies, 416 views. The T.O. islands thread= 3 replies, 270 views. Seeing a trend here? You guys are going to feel like steelheaders soon! :D

LOL, I should post a fake report about how I'm catching a pike every cast, and count the amount of fishermen I see the next day.

LOL, I should post a fake report about how I'm catching a pike every cast, and count the amount of fishermen I see the next day.

LOL That's why I don't post anymore on locations. I'll pm my buddies on my friends list ;) More unemployed more fishermen on the water. I'll still post pics as usual with no backgrounds :P . If I can get my hands on digital.

DSN

Edited by DSN

Nah, the trick is you put up a "fish on fire" post for a spot you're NOT going to hit the next day.

"OMG pike are on fire in Frenchmans Bay"...then go fish the Islands. Won't see a soul :D