NF---Nasty flu like bug going around---NF

BUSTER

This wk-end was epic in this house for people throwing up, started friday night into saturday my 7 yr old got some type of bug, was vommiting every 20 min like clock work, sunday he was feeling better, monday morn comes around I feel a little strange, by 5 pm my wife is running to the bathroom every 15 min like clock work, then I started getting sick like crazy comming out both ends??My long time friend Risti who usually comes over every morn to send my kids off to school cause the wife and myself are gone to work early Am   just called said he cant make it he's very very sick?????? comming out both ends like clock work?  WOW We all had our flu shot and n1h1 before x-mas time, I was just wondering if any other members are praying to the toilet?Eat your vitimins and get lots of rest cause something NASTY is making its rounds :angry: .... Good luck all

Not sick myself but sounds like it could be Norovirus (Norwalk virus). Saw on the news a couple weeks ago it was making rounds across southern Ontario. My sister is a pharmacist at the hospital and she tells me she sees a few cases each year...Definitely no picnic for the next few days. Highly contagious.

Drink plenty...Hope you and your family get better soon

Yes Sir, went through all 4 of us last week. 4 yr old got it Sat night, wife Sun, 1.5 yr old Sun night and me Monday. All lasted about 24 hrs, can't wait to see my water bill this month!

Edited by Harrison

Not sick myself but sounds like it could be Norovirus (Norwalk virus). Saw on the news a couple weeks ago it was making rounds across southern Ontario. My sister is a pharmacist at the hospital and she tells me she sees a few cases each year...Definitely no picnic for the next few days. Highly contagious.

Drink plenty...Hope you and your family get better soon

I think your correct

http://www.toronto.ca/health/norwalk.htm

Had it a few weeks ago..worse part is not being sure what end stuff is gonna come out of. My suggestion (through experience) is when you are gonna puke, take a bucket and sit on the can at the same time.

I learned I am not a graceful vomitter!!

I'm going on 2 weeks now. No vomiting for me but got everything else. Nasal congestion and cough are something else. I haven't had it this bad in years. The way I'm feeling right now, the symptoms could go on for another week. What's really frustrating is that with a newborn niece around I've done everything humanly possible to the point of compulsive hand washing not to get this. Hope everyone gets better soon.

Sorry to hear that everyone is sick. I know times are tough when it is as bad as you say. Definitely not a good thing to put up with.

So with that said, would all of you mind telling me where you are at all times so that I can keep a safe distance? ;)

Here is the advice given to me by my doctor when ever you get a stomach bug.

To avoid dehydration continue to drink fluids and gradually eat a bland diet such as the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, and dry toast). A bland diet is easily digested and is unlikely to irritate your stomach.

Hope it helps

Art

I have had weird aches for 2 days now... and am constantly tired.. my bloody bones hurt ache.. there are alot of people @ work out sick right now with the flu... I hope this is not the precursor. and the poops have me worried!

G

WOW, sounds like a lot of you guys in the Great White North are getting it bad....well at least it's not the H1N1 flue as that can kill you........my oldest son is a doctor at William Patterson Air Force Base and he had a 26 year old pregnant women with the H1N1 flue.....unfortunately she lost the baby and last I heard she was only getting a 30% chance of survival.......I felt so bad I haven't and wouldn't ask how she made out.

I have had weird aches for 2 days now... and am constantly tired.. my bloody bones hurt ache.. there are alot of people @ work out sick right now with the flu... I hope this is not the precursor. and the poops have me worried!

G

Unfortunately, it usually is. Heavy doses of vitamin c might help.