OPP Officer shot in the head today

NAW

My wife said that she heard on the news that the 70 year old man had a headshot wound and that there was another officer in the police car who fired the fatal shot that eventually killed the man. I heard on the radio that this was a "domestic dispute". The man had recently separated from his wife. Not to much to wonder about here. Domestic disputes are very dangerous calls for police officers and it is a tragedy for all of society that some men simply can't let go and move on when their spouse no longer wants to be in a relationship.

Edited by scuro2

The worst call for any police officer to go to is anything that is domestic related, because you never know what can happen.

The fact this guy had a loaded rifle in his vehicle should tell you something about him.....

You're nothing but a bleeding heart and have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

RIP to both men who died. Tragic.

I don't know all of the facts involved, none of us do, so I have mixed emotions.

We don't know for certain which of these men, who by all accounts were good human beings, were in the wrong here.

I caution those who would blindly support either individual to wait until the facts of this case are brought to public light. Police are not incapable of wrong-doing, nor are artists/politicians.

Amen!

The old man brought a rifle to his ex wife's house...do you think he was looking for trouble?

It looks more like suicide by cop than anything else. But regardless of his mental state what he did was wrong and three young children lost their father. That is my biggest fear everyday I go to work.

I feel bad because I was not able to attend the funeral. I did go to the funeral of the Peel Officer.

Its been a real bad month in Ontario for coppers...3 dead is a tragedy...