crashed my buddys sled need parts

Jeff Wiles

So my buddy bought a sled nice looking sled 4500 ks on it looks like it sat out side for some time.

After I look it over.Its my turn to take it for a "rip" up the Welland canal I go as fast as the 1120cc motor will take me last glance was 180kh. Got off the gas and all hell broke loose.The belt snapped jamed in the clutch and locked up the track.After it rolled over and over I put the spare belt on and limped her back. I told my self I will by his half and make her look like she just came out of the show room for letting me walk away not even sore.

I need any thing you have sled is a 97 Yamaha 4 max 750.

Its sleeved to 1120.The guy it came from it will do 230kh.

On the Welland Canal...you glanced and you were at 180K. You're lucky to be alive, Jeff. If I was your buddy, you'd still be paying for the damage but I'd be looking for someone a little less irresponsible to be repairing it. Sorry dude, it's how I feel.

Lanes is the name of the place in Dunnville for used parts. Kijiji is also a great place for used parts etc.

Parts for that machine will be fairly hard to come by. They were not made for that many years.

Good Luck with your search

Cheers

Craig

On the Welland Canal...you glanced and you were at 180K. You're lucky to be alive, Jeff. If I was your buddy, you'd still be paying for the damage but I'd be looking for someone a little less irresponsible to be repairing it. Sorry dude, it's how I feel.

We paid $900 for it with the plans of riding the crap out of it for the weekend and a that was it if it made it right on if not we had fun. Now I will fix it and he will still ride it ever chance he can.

Jeff

Lanes is the name of the place in Dunnville for used parts. Kijiji is also a great place for used parts etc.

Parts for that machine will be fairly hard to come by. They were not made for that many years.

Good Luck with your search

Cheers

Craig

Do you have his phone number? All I need now is a hood.

Jeff

Its not as bad as you would think we rode it for the rest of the day till the chain case let go on jamie. I don't now how to post pic's

Guest steel'n'esox
We paid $900 for it with the plans of riding the crap out of it for the weekend and a that was it if it made it right on if not we had fun. Now I will fix it and he will still ride it ever chance he can.

Jeff

Christ man for 900.00 you could have road the crap out of someone in fishnet stockings and leather stilletos, just be carefull some of those foolya and have trunks :whistling:

Christ man for 900.00 you could have road the crap out of someone in fishnet stockings and leather stilletos, just be carefull some of those foolya and have trunks :whistling:

NOw that right there is funny, I don't care who you are! LMAO

Thanks for the chuckle Steve!

I can`t understand why anybody needs to go 180-230 KMH in any vehicle let alone a sled.

Your luck you family is not arranging your funeral!

We were all youngins' at some point, some of us outgrow it. Not all of us can afford to go to the track. Speed kills for sure, but to soeme the rush is instantly an addiction. Honestly 230 is nothing though. Think about supercars and superbikes... Well in excess of 300 km/h. At least they had the though to do it somewhere where wiping out wouldn't injur or kill anyone else

We were all youngins' at some point, some of us outgrow it. Not all of us can afford to go to the track. Speed kills for sure, but to soeme the rush is instantly an addiction. Honestly 230 is nothing though. Think about supercars and superbikes... Well in excess of 300 km/h. At least they had the though to do it somewhere where wiping out wouldn't injur or kill anyone else

Obviously I wasn`t talking about professionals on a closed course driving properly prepared machines.

I think the poster said the machine looked neglected sitting outside for sometime,kinda silly to take a machine in questionable condition and push it hard.

Like I said the young man is lucky he is not chillin on a slab.

It is a rush!!!!!!! I drive tow truck so I drive the speed limit all day with all the bad drivers out there. My buddy is digging the tunnel under Niagara Falls.In the winter its Ice bikes-sleds

summer musky fishing and dirt bikein.

Jeff The fastes I was on 2 wheels was 279Kh

It is a rush!!!!!!! I drive tow truck so I drive the speed limit all day with all the bad drivers out there. My buddy is digging the tunnel under Niagara Falls.In the winter its Ice bikes-sleds

summer musky fishing and dirt bikein.

Jeff The fastes I was on 2 wheels was 279Kh

Well now it all makes perfect sense!LOL

Keep the shinny side up.