Halp us find a summer cottage!

Bass Tard

Okay, so we're not able to make our usual trip to the usual place this summer due to restrictions with time off and now we're scrambling to find something soon so we don't miss our vacation. This place seems like people would know where they stay and what's good.

What we're looking for:

Lakefront

3+ bedrooms

4ish hour drive from London

crap-zu's allowed

Any help would be appriciated, its so hard to find good information online, a lot of it is cobbled or just poorly marketed.

Thanks!

Okay, so we're not able to make our usual trip to the usual place this summer due to restrictions with time off and now we're scrambling to find something soon so we don't miss our vacation. This place seems like people would know where they stay and what's good.

What we're looking for:

Lakefront

3+ bedrooms

4ish hour drive from London

crap-zu's allowed

Any help would be appriciated, its so hard to find good information online, a lot of it is cobbled or just poorly marketed.

Thanks!

What's a crap-zu? <_<

crap-zu is indeed the dog but OFC is too worried about offending anyone by our dog species.. :rolleyes:

More details:

I have a 17' aluminum bass boat that I will be bringing but we will be looking to rent a boat from somewhere nearby, or on the resort or whatever.

Beach we don't care about, we'll be relaxing in the sun for fun, fishing, and perhaps having some beer but none of us are swimmers.

And it's for July 10-18th ish. Normally we go away for Canada day long weekend but I just started a new job and I'm on contract for now and can't control when I get time off, hence looking for a new destination.

Thanks for the help so far guys!

What type of fish would you prefer to catch?

Do you want a private cottage rental or a resort?

Is water access okay or do you prefer drive to?

Bass, walleye, pike, something along those lines.

Either is fine, but we're looking to be able to score a rental boat from somewhere close if it's a private rental, I only have one boat with two seats, and there's six of us.

Water access is fine, but again with the one boat thing...

Sturgeon Lake has all except the pike, lots of muskie though. If you do decide to come up this way, let me know and I'd be happy to give you a quick tour and show you a few spots to get you started. One good thing about Lunge haven (although there are many) you don't have far to go to get into some really good fishing and even if it is a very windy day, you can fish the river which is somewhat sheltered from the wind.

There's literally endless possibilities.

Here's a good one that I'd check into if I was looking.

It's a water access private cottage on the Pickeral river downstream from hwy.69. It gives you access to miles and miles of beautiful water to explore including the lower French and the Bad River delta if you're adventurous.

I'm familiar with the area which is why I looked for one here. Great fishing for all species.

Boat rentals are available as well.

http://www.montaguelodge.com/index.htm

I am not sure where you are looking, but I find it super easy to find great places to stay on line. You should have seen the misrepresentation of shacks when all you had to go on was a three line ad in the classified section.

Here are a couple of sites that I have had success with.

http://www.cottagelink.com

http://www.cottagesincanada.com

http://www.cottage-canada-usa.com

Looking for great cottages to rent has become a bit of a hobby of mine and the search is half the fun. Don't forget that if you find the information lacking on the site you can always email the owner and ask for more photos.

Good luck!

Jim

Here is the company we have used and recomended for 6 yrs now..we just bought our own place so the least I can do for them is recomend them

http://www.cottagerentals247.com/

ask for Cathy..Tell her exactally what you are looking for and she will hook you up..Man the last cottage we rented from them was a beautifull a frame cottage on elephant lake..absolutly amazing..If you wish to rent another boat I recomend elephant lake lodge.They have a bar and a restraunt right across the lake from that cottage we rented!! They can put you on almost any lake thou. They are into thier 9th rental season with over 120 beautiful cottages. In orderfor them to rent any cottage out, they must all have direct access to good waterfront.Just give her a call, she wil do the rest

Edited by tb4me

• 1 month later...