I Bought My First Snowmobile!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Well congrats buddy Im glad you got one that can get the family involved in icefishing. Don't be so quick to put down the power auger though, I was a skeptic myself but after using one for a while theres no comparison for mobility and covering water. CT has them like 50% off at the end of the season.

Also let me know if you need a trail broken to a back lake

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
haha ohhhh i could make a trail real quick into those backlakes :P

but it would kinda illegal being that they are in the park haha!

not all backlakes are in the park... ;)

I hope you like your machine. It wouldn't be my choice either. Great for 2 up riding on trails but other than that.....don't go into snow over 12 inches, never leave the trail and stay away form any kind of slush on the ice.

If you want to crank it when the battery is dead.....good luck. Big motors may be fun but are crap to crank when it's cold. Even the old 540 cc often took 2 people to pull the crank. Store an extra battery and booster cables.

Is the heat exchanger under the seat? I also hated machines that had that....you end up with a wet rear end and accumulated ice between the tunnel and the track.

It's not 1972 anymore.. Sled will be fine. And he will be able to start it no problem.

she's fast folks!

great...another throttle jockey out on the trails :rolleyes:

wanna buy a permit cheap...I never stuck mine on yet

PS...the boys in Blue are gonna be all over you this weekend...keeping the trails safe

Edited by Dara

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
great...another throttle jockey out on the trails :rolleyes:

wanna buy a permit cheap...I never stuck mine on yet

PS...the boys in Blue are gonna be all over you this weekend...keeping the trails safe

how much?

how much?

sorry..I couldn't be responsible for corrupting you like that

I'll stick it on yet.

I don't ride here much but later in the year i like to be able to rip back and forth between McNabb st and the Zone Sunday afternoons...airing things out so to speak.

PS heading to Grand Marais Mi Saturday for a week of riding...should get better than a thousand miles in.

Edited by Dara

Guest ThisPlaceSucks
sorry..I couldn't be responsible for corrupting you like that

I'll stick it on yet.

I don't ride here much but later in the year i like to be able to rip back and forth between McNabb st and the Zone Sunday afternoons...airing things out so to speak.

PS heading to Grand Marais Mi Saturday for a week of riding...should get better than a thousand miles in.

a trail pass went for 100 bucks on sootday the other day. most of them are listed at 200.

it's not worth it for me at 200 bucks given that we're a month in.