OFNC Tourney - Team 6 First Fish

ccmtcanada

CANADIAN COPPER and I headed out this morning to catch some steelies. Temp was a balmy -10C with a wind chill of -18. Overall, it wasn't too bad, except when that nasty north wind would gust!! We got there at around 9am....about a foot of visibility. The first thing I saw was a fair sized carp on it's last fins...floating on it's side, desperately trying to swim away.

gallery_60_23_32173.jpg

About a half hour into fishing, I hooked into this Steelie....my personal best at 22". It was caught on roe...not just ANY roe...CC's special blend roe!!! This also the first fish with my new noodle rod that I bought at the fishing show last weekend (from Fishing World). The sign I'm holding is 11" long...but I measured it with my tape measure. It wasn't huge by any standards, but it qualifies for an OFAH award by 1 inch!! LOL.

gallery_60_22_89853.jpg

CANADIAN COOPER hooked into a real nice one about an hour later...maybe he'll post his pic when he gets some time.

Anyhow, had a great time and once again, learned lots from the Steelie master!

Edited by ccmtcanada

OK I'll shut up now....

LOL

Gerritt.

Wow! Cliff, this fish is even more impressive than I thought..you shut Gerritt up LOL :w00t:

Hey Gerritt...Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday!! hehe

bly

Cliff look at the rules I hope your fish qualifies but I think the measuring tape must be visable in the picture for that fish to qualify.good Luck .Mike

Very nice fish.MTP

Hey Mike!

Here's the rule..."You must provide a clear image of the fish. It is recommended, but not necessary, to have a measuring device in the image. You MUST include in the image the words 'OFC Community.com'."

But...if that comes into question...here's another pic of my fish...from CANADIAN COPPER....he'll vouch for me that it's the same fish.......right CC??? LOL

ik.jpg

That's good that it's a honorary system, because honestly if you get a nice fish out by yourself sometimes it's hard to get the tape and everything in a photo if you want to get the fish swimming again as soon as possible.

Exactly Gbay....it was so windy that I couldn't just lay down the sign...so I had to make a quick choice so I could get him back in the water. So...took one pic with the tape....then one with the sign instead of trying to figure out how to do both in the same shot.

Maybe I'll figure out some velcro system....no NOT velcro to the fish....to myself....hehe.