Flashers

anders

I am thinking about buying a flasher for ice fishing, but i want to make sure it can be used during the summer as well. I have a fish finder so, its not a question of which should i buy, im just curious if they make them campatable for the summer.

Thanks

Used to use one all the time when I got my first boat back in the early 80's. Had a Lowrance 1510B paper graph and a transducer compatable Lowrance flasher on the console. Only used the paper graph when deep trolling with riggers, fishing smallmouth , cruising and looking for shallow water structure the flasher saved yards of paper and $$$.

Edited by dave524

I use my vex alot this open water season for jigging walleyes. It was really good in the Red and Wpg rivers when anchored or holding position with the trolling motor. Just like icefishing, I had the flasher and my finder side by side and the flasher was more sensitive and seemed to be ahead of the finder in response.

Just think about jigging summer lakers

Edited by troutologist

All I had to use back in the old days, they help. Had a flasher up front in my boat and a LCD on the console when I bought it new in 87, a Hummingbird super 60 up front.

Used to use a Lowrance with a suction cup transducer mount on boats before that. Anything that will show break lines in water where you can`t see them is a plus.

My first boat back in 1975 came with a flasher, it was fantastic but then came the LCD units so I "up graded" it was newer, so it had to be better right? Well, in hindsight maybe not but it looked more impressive. To be honest the flasher did a better job.

I got a flasher about two years ago and last year bought a new boat and had to have the latest equipment on it. (not the flasher). I will tell you I trust the flasher more to show me what is really happening!