Last minute Laker/Brookie report

pikeie

Went out with some friends today to a lake we never fished. We were told to try this lake by a few of my friends as they told us about the natural Lake and Brook trout in the lakes behind Echo Bay. We got to the lake by sled around 8 o'clock and hole drilled by 8:10... first hole i had my minnow stripped twice lol in 5 minutes. But of course the newby has to get the first fish... well im not counting my first fish, if u can call a 8 inch laker a fish haha.

IMG_0104.jpg

a nice 4.5-5 pound laker!

i was up next with a nice speck

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

i didnt know specks could be so stupid lol... i lost this fish twice b4 i got her all the way up. while she was comming up the hole, she decided to spit the spoon! but i wasnt gunna let her get away that easy haha :P i slamed my arm into the hole and got her behind the gill plates b4 she could take off haha my buds couldnt belive it lol

then the invasion of 12 inch lakers haha no pictures taken

but we brought home 3 fish so it wasnt to bad

IMG_0110.jpg

these lakes have so much potential i cant wait to go back!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

we got 14 brookies today but we walked REALLY far to get them. nothing huge, but there was a line snapper! must have been a brute.

good to see you feeling out the sault and area. it's a lot more fun that way!

Nice fish. Watch where you're going back there. Some lakes are closed right now.

I have at times used 3 or 4 minnows to get a speck out of the hole.

If you're fishing specs and lakers, always get a minnow back down the hole as fast as you can if you miss one.

Edited by Dara