Tow vehicle question

HTHM

3552594904_1eb303cfc7_b.jpg

A 03 2500HD,6.6 Duramax. Just under 200k.

Have more braking surface on the rear brakes then most non-trucks have

on all four, And the fronts are bigger.

For fuel. the on board reads 13.4/100 and needs a service.

Once serviced will drop to 12.5.

I drive from Richmondhill to Bolton. A drive of 24k one way. There is 25 sets of lights.

I would call that city driving.

Last year was the first year of towing the Lund. The fuel mileage average about the same

on the hi way.

My tow speeds isn't something I like to talk about, On a open forum. ;);) nudge,nudge.

3/4 ton and 4x4 and ya ain't gotta worry aboot squat eh Paul! ;):thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

My 2005 Safari pulled my 1650 Crestliner with no problems at all, infact I'd hardly even feel it behind the van.

When I bought the 3000 + lb. Skeeter package last spring though, the Safari would still pull it on level ground OK and the stopping wasn't a problem either with the trailer brakes, but it got to be a bit of a struggle on long steep hills. The Safari has a pretty strong engine but definetely has it's limits.

Cnv0327.jpg

Now that I've purchased the new F-150 with the 5.4 engine everything's gonna be good.

Cnv0440.jpg

Not sure of the weight of your Ranger combo HTHM, but I'm guessing around 3000 maybe ??

If your full sized van is a V-8 you shouldn't have a problem.

Edited by lew

GLEN: Like you said. A man has too LOVE his truck.

I got stuck once. On the ice. There was water on the ice.

I stopped,Then couldn't get no traction at all. Was pretty funny.

Their was no ruts or hole,Just very slippery ice. The truck just sitting

with all four tires turning.

She got some weight behind her 7200 lbs dry.

Took 6 guys just to start the momentum.

Then last year.I help to push half a dozen vehicles out of the parking in Innisfil.

Jump in my truck and pull out still in 2 wheel drive. :lol::lol:

Do want too get a tuner. But first want to do the engine and tranny .

No rush thou. Got another 800k to go. :)

Keep the van for towing, and get yourself a TDI VW. The van only needs to be insured may to december'ish. Start the van and drive it around the block once a week in the off season. This is what I do.

That is scary, 'cause that is what I am doing. I will be taking delivery of a TDI wagon tomorrow.

I need to find a fuel efficient vehicle to act as a daily driver and tower for my Ranger 370V. I have just been given a new job in which I will be driving about 25-35000 kilometers a year. (15-21000 miles)

I would like to park my full size van or sell it, but it is the only vehicle that we have that can pull it right now.

Any ideas???

As long as the van is rated to tow the total weight of the van and boat combined, you're good to go. I wouldn't risk voiding an insurance claim if an accident happens. Insurance companies love to find ways out of claims, and MTO has become much more strict on the roads. Safety first. I would have suggested an F150; as long as you take your time driving and not hammer it, its pretty fuel efficient for its size. Best of luck with the new vehicle!