Make you own lures?

mepps

Jeez you guys sure like your baits pretty, but do they catch only pretty fish? (Youse got a purty mouth......)

May I present, the FuglySpoon™, the lumpiest, fugliest hunk of bargain brass ever to be flung off the concrete.

GloLures019.jpg

GloLures018.jpg

Aug19DIY.jpg

CanoeCoho3.jpg

I've made a couple of lures :lol:

fuzzEtube.jpg

I've never seen a tube with fuzz .. Looks cool but do the hairs stay in the plastic after a few fish?

If im not mistaken thats a micro tube..

Have you ever tried to make a large version ?

I've never seen a tube with fuzz .. Looks cool but do the hairs stay in the plastic after a few fish?

I agree I've never seen a tube dressed like that either. If you want a very similar bait fuzzy grubs are readily available.

I have used them before, however the rubber/plastic was solid. If these are hollow and your able to use a 1/16 or 1/32 regular tube jighead I would like to order a few dozen of these too!

Edited by Harrison

I'll take 5 of each in every colour!

Nice work!

Thanks!!..but are 5 of each in every colour enough?

Glaucus that's very impressive!

Is this a hobby or do you sell them?

I'm interested if you do. :lol:

Thank you! This is just a hobby for now...I might sell them once I perfect them

That tube is about 3" long. The marabou was molded into melted plastisol, and the plastic would probably tear before the feathers would come out. I only made about 10 of those and gave them away before trying them

Ok, I am Lovin this one, do you take custom orders? If so, I would take a few of each in 3/4 and 1oz. No joke.

I'm not selling any yet. I still have to finish making a lure rotator so that the epoxy top coat cures evenly. Right now I hang the lures and let the epoxy drip off. There's a small blob of dried epoxy on the hook shank, though covered by the skirt, but it still looks unprofessional.

I have used them before, however the rubber/plastic was solid. If these are hollow and your able to use a 1/16 or 1/32 regular tube jighead I would like to order a few dozen of these too!

That is a hollow tube. These take way too long to make and sell. They take from 10-15 minutes each to make. I wrote up how I make them here:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community...65-fuzzy-tubes/