All my plans went a bit haywire but still got out a couple of times.

limeyangler

hi all,

well had a good weekend of fishing even if it did not go ato plan really.

Saturday actually went out fishing with my wife, i have a report and video to do for that as it mysteriously got wiped off my desktop today. Report to follow.

Was great to get out with my wife, its been a year and a half since we went fishing together...although i could tell she was nervous the whole time about leaving our baby with a babysitter for the first time...even though it was our neighbours.

Because i had planned to go with a buddy on Sunday too i was not going to be able to make 3 out of 3 days...i'm a dad now after all...and even though i was forbidden to go by the Ministry Of Time Allowed On the Ice (aka the missus) i would not have gone cuz believe it or not i like time with the family too.

Only thing that sucked about this was that i was gonna miss the opportunity to get out with BenBeattie for trout...oh well Ben...soon. In fact if you read this we are gonna try the dreaded Big Sandy Skunk Factory on Saturday (16th)...interested?

After saturday's outing with my wife, I was meant to go on Sunday to Big Sandy Lake , but the guy i was going with was partying hard the night before...never made it out that day.

So...i wake up Monday morning with baby wailing and am sitting in the dark on the couch feeding him his bottle...its still dark out there..around 7 am, baby falls asleep again and my wife walks in and says..."i'll take him...you should go fishing" it took a millisecond to react....ok...i' outta here! by 8 am i hit the lake to get to Thunder for trout. I had said i was gonna give Thunder lake a rest for a while...but tis easy access...i wanted to trout fish...and also wanted to be back by 2pm.

Here's the video.........

I NEED A TRIPOD!

Edited by limeyangler

Dude...can't see the video from where I sit at work...but I will watch it shortly. I think our wives work for the same Ministry :D ... really nice to see her send you out to go fishing after plans crashing...mine often surprises me with the same kind of understanding. We are lucky, lucky guys :wub: But that was the first time she agreed to leave Jack with a babysitter, eh? Looks like I still have a ways to go before I get to go icefishing with my lovely wife again...sigh.

Maybe you just need to get a bigger, new and improved "Taj Wabigoon"? :lol: :lol:

I can't see the video cause I'm at work :wallbash: but sounds like that was quality time spent with the missus B)

and got a good chuckle about this statement LOL

.......my wife walks in and says..."i'll take him...you should go fishing" it took a millisecond to react....ok...i' outta here!

Very nice of her to boot you out of the house sort of speak :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing Simon and keep'em coming!!!

Jacques

Hey Simon, glad to know I'm not the only one who talks to fish that I'm marking. I've played a lot of 'cat and mouse' lately with the lakers myself. I love how willing they are to chase baits... makes it fun with a flasher/graph. Saturday I've made plans to go to Kiekawabec (sp?) with some friends. Let me know when you can get out again. I still want to to try Big Sandy with you soon.

Great report and video!

Looks like etch-a-sketch on the electronics! That's amazing to see always, but it sure does get frustrating at times ... especially during those few occasions when you have tried everything, gone everywhere, and haven't marked a single blip. Then all of a sudden, that happens. The Laker dance that has no jig. One opportunity. One chance. That's it for the day, and we come up with nothing after the few minutes to a full day ratio. It is evident that your chances have a higher probability to repeat itself over and over again. That is awesome! Keep em coming!

Hey Limeyangler,

Awesome video once again!

Have you ever considered mounting your camera on a baseball cap to free up your hands? I use it all the time when fishing solo and the videos come out pretty good. And when you want to hold the camera, just grab the cap by the visor and continue filming or take some pictures.

The only tricky part is starting the camera to record in the midst of a battle! But after a few practice runs, I got the procedure down pat with my Canon.

Here's a video of the DIY hat cam just in case, people haven't see it before.

Dude...can't see the video from where I sit at work...but I will watch it shortly. I think our wives work for the same Ministry :D ... really nice to see her send you out to go fishing after plans crashing...mine often surprises me with the same kind of understanding. We are lucky, lucky guys :wub: But that was the first time she agreed to leave Jack with a babysitter, eh? Looks like I still have a ways to go before I get to go icefishing with my lovely wife again...sigh.

Maybe you just need to get a bigger, new and improved "Taj Wabigoon"? :lol: :lol:

Yup...same Ministry....lol. I insisted she get the babysitter and come out...she needed the break even though she could not see it. We are lucky guys, some of my buddies cant believe how relaxed my wife is about me going fishing so often. Its gonna change drastically for me in a bout 2 months when my wife is off maternity leave and we are both working again..finally my son will get to know who i am....lol. next 2 days are repairs to the 'Taj Wabigoon....i've put a beating on it so far...need to patch the canvas in a few places already!

I can't see the video cause I'm at work :wallbash: but sounds like that was quality time spent with the missus B)

and got a good chuckle about this statement LOL

Very nice of her to boot you out of the house sort of speak :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing Simon and keep'em coming!!!

Jacques

Thanks Jacques..you could say you should never look a gift horse in the mouth, but i dont want my wife thinking i called her a horse....LOLOLOLOL....very bad idea.

HAAH That was a good Larf Simon!!

How sharp are them hooks??!

cheers

HD

LOL...obviously not sharp enuff.

very nice Simon ... keep em coming Mr. Spielberg

Thanks JDS....how did you know i was Jewish?....lol

Hey Simon, glad to know I'm not the only one who talks to fish that I'm marking. I've played a lot of 'cat and mouse' lately with the lakers myself. I love how willing they are to chase baits... makes it fun with a flasher/graph. Saturday I've made plans to go to Kiekawabec (sp?) with some friends. Let me know when you can get out again. I still want to to try Big Sandy with you soon.

I'm out saturday same as you....we'll be on Big Sandy....you'll be so close we'll probably hear each others augers.....lol

Great report and video!

Looks like etch-a-sketch on the electronics! That's amazing to see always, but it sure does get frustrating at times ... especially during those few occasions when you have tried everything, gone everywhere, and haven't marked a single blip. Then all of a sudden, that happens. The Laker dance that has no jig. One opportunity. One chance. That's it for the day, and we come up with nothing after the few minutes to a full day ratio. It is evident that your chances have a higher probability to repeat itself over and over again. That is awesome! Keep em coming!

Ya...missing your one shot in a day is the worst!

Hey Limeyangler,

Awesome video once again!

Have you ever considered mounting your camera on a baseball cap to free up your hands? I use it all the time when fishing solo and the videos come out pretty good. And when you want to hold the camera, just grab the cap by the visor and continue filming or take some pictures.

The only tricky part is starting the camera to record in the midst of a battle! But after a few practice runs, I got the procedure down pat with my Canon.

Here's a video of the DIY hat cam just in case, people haven't see it before.

THANKS JET...thats a cool idea. I'll give it a go for sure!

Great video Limey :D. I love when people show that fishing/hunting/shooting isnt always picture perfect!!!

You know what archie....me too! warts and all is how it should be....none of this 10 days edited into a half hour of supposed non stop action.