Shimano service

Jer

I just wanted to give kudos to the Shimano service depot in Peterborough.

My Stradic FH spinning reel ended up submerged in a hole and then frozen on Sunday while I was ice fishing. After thawing, the handle would barely turn and the spool would not oscillate in and out anymore.

I dropped the reel off this morning at the Shimano service centre on Pido Rd. This afternoon I got a call that my reel was ready and the total bill was only $15. How can you beat that kind of service? Apparently I had stripped a gear because I tried turning the reel while it was still frozen inside.

How could I ever buy another brand of reel when this kind of service is available right around the corner?

Your right Jer, Shimano in P'Boro is a great place to deal with and their service is 2nd to none.

I dropped off a Calcutta 2 years ago that wouldn't engage when I turned the crank and they fixed it up within 24 hours for FREE. They've also replaced a couple broken rods without question.

Excellent product and excellent service !!

I'm not sure of the exact address, Wayne, but Pido is a very short road, you can't miss the Shimano offices, repair depot is around the back. Just southwest of Ashburnham and the 115.

Years back, I had several broken rods replaced on the spot. That was when the depot was still at Classic Sports on the Queensway.

sham.jpg

Dang !!!...I was in P'boro for a cystoscopy at the hospital this morning then down to Landsdown to pick up my suit...could have run over to Shimano and dropped off my old Curado...the drag adjustment on the side opposite the handle has been seized for quite awhile...only use it for trolling for 'skis twice a year...but it would be nice to use for casting other lures than the big heavy ones...

I just wanted to give kudos to the Shimano service depot in Peterborough.

My Stradic FH spinning reel ended up submerged in a hole and then frozen on Sunday while I was ice fishing. After thawing, the handle would barely turn and the spool would not oscillate in and out anymore.

I dropped the reel off this morning at the Shimano service centre on Pido Rd. This afternoon I got a call that my reel was ready and the total bill was only $15. How can you beat that kind of service? Apparently I had stripped a gear because I tried turning the reel while it was still frozen inside.

How could I ever buy another brand of reel when this kind of service is available right around the corner?

My experience with Shimano service after waranty has been the same......A+!.............Shimano all the way, when it comes to purchasing new reels for me, there' :thumbsup_anim: s not too much thinking involved, even found their lower end stuff, well less expensive anyways, seems to perform well!

Don't want to hi jack this thread but, is Bud still there Jer? The last time I saw him was just after he had his heart problems. That would have been 2 or 3 years ago.

Dito, great service in our own backyard...

Tom.

Yes, Bud is still there.

A year & a half ago some of my reels needed a (?) tune-up . . . knowing how useless I am at putting things back together, I decided to check the #1 fishing gear repair place in the GTA . . . Aikmans. I called and told the person on the phone I had a couple Sustains that hadn't been pulled apart & cleaned in the 5 years I'd had 'em. He quoted me $29.95 + tax, each. It seemed a wee bit steep, but they do excellent work, so I was about to take 'em out there when I checked with my fishin' pal, Ron, up in Peterpatch. He told to hold off, as he was good friends with a fellow at Shimano . . . he called me back, gave me Bud's number, and I called. I told him what I wanted, he said $12.00 each, if I wasn't in a big panic to get 'em back . . . SOLD!! I ended up taking him 8 reels & 1 rod, dropped 'em off on Wednesday morning, got a call Monday morning, they were ready! I was going up that way anyway, so I dropped over and got 'em. The reels were in good condition when I took 'em in, but a wee bit grungie, when I picked 'em up, they shone like BRAND NEW . . . and I could FEEL the difference in some of them when I gave the handle a spin. Nothing against Aikmans, but Shimano is the way to go, and Bud is about the nicest fishin' repair guy I've EVER dealt with . . . . one of Shimano's greatest assets!

I have been pleased with there service as I have got one of my rods replaced quick and painless..

tho my buddy just took his Core fv in for service as it has been making a grinding sound since a week after he bought it (this summer) so he went in and dropped it off.. got it back not long after .. but it still had the same problem.. and he is still dealing with them :unsure:

Edited by fish-miester