+8 or 9° by the 25 could make things Dangerous

Big Cliff

I just had a look at the long range forecast for our area, temperatures way above normal for the next two weeks could make for some really dangerous conditions especially in areas where there is any current.

Long range forecast for Lindsay

Doesn't look like they are expecting much snow. Could make for some very comfortable fishing as long as the ice stays safe.

Edited by Big Cliff

Not being an ice fisherman Cliff, I'll take all the warm weather we can get :lol:

Actually, we've had a very tame winter down here in the Smoke so far this year with almost no snow, infact I've only shovelled maybe twice and both of those times was only an inch or 2 and even now there's only a couple inches on the ground.

I'm heading to Peterboro this morning to take care of some business then stopping into the local dealership to purchase a new snowblower & riding mower for my up-coming move north, but right now I'm thinking maybe I'll just order the mower and leave the blower till next year.........wishful thinking I spose :lol::lol:

I guess it would be asking too much for ice conditions around here to stay the same all winter. Right now, the ice is perfect for travel, 2 or 3 inches of snow. Easy walking, sledding, 4-wheeling and even driving where the ice is good and safe. I havent drilled a hole less than 12" since opening day.

That guy who put his ATV through with his little kid under the Bridgenorth causeway must have been a complete moron. There is open water under the bridge all the time, only the sleds at speed ever attempt the crossing (and personally, I think they are a bit daft as well), but to attempt on a 4-wheeler (with your kid a board, no less) makes absolutely sense.

You know what...I'm all ready a little concerned about the ice. I was out on Sunday and noticed a couple of these hair line cracks showing up...that were not there the day before....and that is with the high temp of around -4. My hut has lots of ice under it, much more than the 5" close to shore....wouldn't want to punch my sled through the ice coming off the shore. I think I'll be walking out a bit just to be safe.

BL

We had our Indian summer in November and it looks like our January thaw is on time...

A couple of years ago we had it in February and it made the Tyler Event iffy but we ended up in a deep freeze well before and the ice was good...

Believe yourself Cliff...

If you look out the window and it is snowing...dig out the blower

If it is raining...you might get wet...grab your brolly

If the sun is shining and it is cold...wear a coat

If the sun is shining and it is warm...ENJOY !!!

Now, how do I find out what the weather will be on the 6th February in London Ontario... :wallbash:

Son is getting married...didn't want his allergies to mess things up like in the summer time... :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Ah its not to bad?

Kitchener says no higher then 4 or 5 degrees for the 22nd and 23rd but overnight lows are well into the minus 4-5 range as well.

As long as the lows stay in the negatives any damage done in the afternoon will quickly be refroze between 6pm and 6am

The 22nd however shows a bit of rain in the forecast....

couple of days with +1 and +2 temps are no big deal, but with some rain and a couple of +5 days....it could get sketchy near shore.

I have my fingers crossed as I'm headed out on a trip that weekend...

Wow....mother nature sure is moody

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/fourteend...=qlink_lt_14day

Is Swear last night at midnight Thursday was a high of -2 and a low of -5

Now 6 hours later its gonna be 8 degrees with rain forecast.

That could be trouble with the last 5 days of already mild temps...

Crossing my fingers but geeze talk about swinging the verdicts around LOL!