fishing problem!

pike slayer

sooo ive been thinking! my buddy up at camp only wants to fish specks, hes to paranoid to fish the big lake even though i'm sure theres a ton of ice and i'd definitely be out there and it will cost quite a bit after gas for the truck and sled, and food, and booze. i'm thinking of staying home and going out both days and taking the poor whipped guy out cause i did orginally promise to take him out when he had a chance to go and maybe after laying into a pile of lakers and having a great time it'll motoviate him to want to go more and maybe stand up for himself. kinda get him out there and remind him what hes missin. also i have a few booty calls this weekend :P and the one asked if she could come fishing to! ohhh no!! am i weak to?!?!? :huh:

LOL.. sounds like the best of both worlds... it ok.. but he has to bring his PJs..

so today i went with my whipped buddy and we stopped at a buddys camp that ive been working with on the same job site. the 3 of us headed into crooked getting our limit about 5times over haha!! we also broke trail into upper crooked to try that out and it was a bust and we broke trail into christam and weashkog and will probably try those next week knowing we can just fly in there now. working on plans for tomorrow probably eazy, archie and moi by the sounds of it. hope all of yous have had good luck so far this weekend

Do whatever you want to do.. id go to the camp in a second. Tell buddy that thats where your going to be, and if he want to join than he's more than welcome if not.. cause his wife has an issue.. tell him to get a divorce! id be divorced in a second and my wife know that if she ever and i mean EVER told me i wasnt allowed to go fishing!

Sounds like either a control issue or trust issue is at play here... I feel for you're buddy...

I just got out of a 2 year relationship with someone that tried to control my every move.. Fishing was at the best of time difficult. There was always some reason as to why she did not want me to go etc.. and going out with budddies was out of the question! She had major separation issues..

Anyways..

I finally had enough (3 weeks ago) and am currently residing in a god aweful basement apartment, until Feb 1st when I move back into my House (had to give the people I rented it too notice) and have never been happier. (Except for the daily calls from her looking for yet another argument...)

Anyways... I did not want this to turn into a post about me.. but rather say it sounds alot like what I went through..

G

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

sorry to hear about that gerritt. i once went 8 months without wetting a line because of a girl i once dated. now i'm married to a woman who TOLD ME i have to go fishing every saturday (because she knows i get grumpy when i'm around the city too much)...

there are girls with enough self esteem out there that you don't have to spend all your time together. for that matter, a woman with self esteem will ENJOY her time away from you too. it's how healthy relationships work.

When I tell the wife I'm going fishing in the morning all she says is" what time do you want me to get up and turn the coffee on" and "will you be home for dinner"

Leaving at 5 so 4:30 and... not sure...figure I won't be and I'll just cook myself some fish when I get home

Edited by Dara

Or you could just stay single and do whatever you want. ;)

I know for a fact there would be no way I would be able to spend a month chasing trout in Alaska every year if I was hitched up.

Unless I could find that one in a million girl that would want to come and live in a tent for a month and chase fish, drink, enjoy life..........

I would never give up my outdoor fun for any woman, ever. It's the only thing keeping me sane!!!!!!! :lol: