skunkywindchilly

limeyangler

Hi all,

got out yesterday again.

apart from one bite....which i missed....SKUNKED!

Did get to meet another member of a local fishing forum who is working in our area for the time being. He was there before me and had landed 2 pike.

We chatted about this and that eagerly awaiting the evening bite which is usually pretty decent on this lake...it came and went......and so did we.

we would have moved around a bit more if it wasn't for the temperatures. There was a 15kmh wind gusting to 25-30, with the thermometer hovering just above minus 30 by the evening,

Windchill in the -40s.......BRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

GOT TO MEET PAUL...

PC070648.jpg

BEAUTIFUL EVENING , JUST NO FISH AND FREEKIN FREEZING!

PC070647.jpg

how thick is the ice out there now?

I envy you right now....its close to game on here...but a little sketchy still

I think i can see snowmobile tracks this morning out the front on the lake. Its been -30 C at night for the last 5 days at leaqst. yesterday the lake we were on was 'booming'...scares the cr@p outta ya...but its making ice. I'm actually surprised theree is not more ice thickness, but i'd say apart from the deeper trout lakes round here we are at an average of 5-6" evrywhere else.

Still not comfortable just walking out without checking as i go....but will be able to do so by next weekend for sure...i'tll be good for snowmachines by midweek.