I've fallen in love..

scuro2

Bought a 1/2 dozen new Yo-zuri lures for down south where sparkle and flash is everything. That got me thinkin', hey I probably could use them up here! :P Anyone care to share lure type and applications for these lures in our waters?

yzcm-crystalminnow.jpg

This one will be nice on in the morning or cloudy Cuban winter day...trolled slowly.

Edited by scuro2

Bought a 1/2 dozen new Yo-zuri lures for down south where sparkle and flash is everything. That got me thinkin', hey I probably could use them up here! :P Anyone care to share lure type and applications for these lures in our waters?

Sorry scuro never heard of them lures.... What are they??

Leechman

Regular lures but with some of the most attractive finishes that one could imagine. Photos don't do them justice. They reflect an incredible amount of light with their, "brilliant holographic laser finish ".

Yozuri_R539-btcl.jpg

Another beaut I can't wait to try. Of course they may prove to be no better then any other lure but for the moment I am smitten. Wonder how some of these lures would do with Lakers, or for that matter bass or pike.

Edited by scuro2

Regular lures but with some of the most attractive finishes that one could imagine. Photos don't do them justice. They reflect an incredible amount of light with their, "brilliant holographic laser finish ".

Yozuri_R539-btcl.jpg

Another beaut I can't wait to try. Of course they may prove to be no better then any other lure but for the moment I am smitten. Wonder how some of these lures would do with Lakers, or for that matter bass or pike.

Nice.... Thanks for the pic.... looks like a trolling lure to me with the long bill don't you think???

Leechman

They have a large selection of different styles of lures. I have the one above without the large lip.

So in other words a short lip that resembled a crank bait??? If so, do like slope said

Twitch....twitch...reel up slack..twitch....twitch....twitch/ pause. Repeat.

You can't go wrong!!!

Leechman

No..no..no, they have every style of lure that Rapala would make...be it a popper, suspending, crankbait or whatever. The question is does anyone have any experience fishing these lures where they feel that these laser reflective surfaces really make a difference? Or are they just another pretty surface?

Edited by scuro2

Guest gbfisher

they work well in Cuba in the shallows. Bridge fishing is great with them at night. The current will take your line out farther than you can cast. Makes for a nice long retrieve for cubera, snook tarpon, permit and jack. The only probelm is they only last for two cubera....maybe less....lol

I bought a couple of crystal minnow's 9 or 10 years ago.

The finish is deep and liquid-looking.

As I recall, at that time the available colours were all bright pastels, like pink and chartreuse.

I'm sure that I still have one lurking in a tackle box somewhere...

I believe that the ones I had came with very small diving lips.

They were a 3 or 4 inch long bait and worked best as jerkbaits.

Edited by garry2rs