I Think I got Screwed.... What do you Think??

Leecher

Hey guys, looking for your opinion, I know it's a lond read but bare with me....

I purchased a Shimano Scimitar 6’ 6” SMS66MH2A medium heavy fast action rod in late August because after catching that big LMB, didn't want to be put in a position to fight another biggun with a medium action light setup that I have.

Once I had tried the new one.... just could not believe how light it was, sensitive, really enjoyed it. But that did not last for long <_< In late October while testing my 5" spook that I created, broke the tip off it :wallbash: I was really heart broken about this <_<

Brought the broken rod to the store I bought it from and they told me, they would ship it to Shimano, no questions asked and would take a couple of weeks. Sounded great to me. Deer season went by and no news.... so I phoned the store, they told me that they haven't receive it yet.

So I says to myself, OK maybe next week.... Well it took over a month before I got a call from them.... but that isn't what I'm posting about..... Once I got the call to pick it up, got to the store and the clerk handed me the new rod.

Thought to myself B) Rod seemed to look the same as the one I had bought. Checked the underside of the main shaft to see what was written on it and what I read was not the same :wallbash:

It read SMS-66M-2A and the one I bought a couple of months ago was SMS66MH2A.

And this is after I had paid $11.30 for it. So I says to the clerk, " Why am I getting a lesser model that I had paid for " She replied " Nothing I can do "

Man was I ever peaved off. Left the store and got home.... could not believe that a renowned company like Shimano would do this. So off I went on the Internet to get an address.

Had a hard time to get one, found one and sent a angry client email to them. That was a couple of days ago and still did not hear from them. So this is why I wanted to post this rant of mine to see if any of you had bad service with the said company.

It won't prevent me from fishing but won't the same with a rod of the same type I have in stock.

Any body knows an email address I can send it to??

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks ever so much

Jacques

Nothing I can do for you my friend, about to purchase a Curado and 2 Sahara spinning reels in February. If something goes wrong I do not want to put up with crap like you have. I don't care if you are a fisheman and you work for a company as prestigious as Shimano you better know the difference between a M action rod and a MH action.

Bull to me man. Good luck I'm sure a e-mail will be sent out on the next business day.

MTBF

Probably as simple as they missed the H part when replacing it Jacques ! Unfortunate they ended the over the counter replacement that many stores did.. but it was being abused.

Yeah Wayne, that's what I think too but nonetheless, it's not what I paid for in the initial purchase and getting the same type of rod that I have in stock is just not what i was looking forward to.

Jacques

Edited by Leechman

Nothing I can do for you my friend, about to purchase a Curado and 2 Sahara spinning reels in February. If something goes wrong I do not want to put up with crap like you have. I don't care if you are a fisheman and you work for a company as prestigious as Shimano you better know the difference between a M action rod and a MH action.

Bull to me man. Good luck I'm sure a e-mail will be sent out on the next business day.

MTBF

I sure hope so Mike.... Thanks for your thoughts!!!

Jacques

you know where you went wrong ???? by trying to replace a proven rod with another ...what were you thinking ...silly silly man ...

hope it works out in the end for you jack cue eees

I didn't know they were going to send me a lesser type rod for the one I had bought and broke :blink: I just wish they had sent me the right one.

Also don't know if the rod type I bought is still in production?? might be obsolete..... nonetheless it's a delima I have to live with for now....

Thanks Twocoda

Jacques

Hey Jacques!

I would take the rod back to the store that I bought it from and ask to speak to the manager, explain what happened in a rational manner and ask him if you can exchange it for the MH model... if they're worth their salt and care about their customers you shouldn't have a problem... if they won't do it, I would not shop there again.

Hey Jacques!

I would take the rod back to the store that I bought it from and ask to speak to the manager, explain what happened in a rational manner and ask him if you can exchange it for the MH model... if they're worth their salt and care about their customers you shouldn't have a problem... if they won't do it, I would not shop there again.

Hey Glen, I think the clerk made it pretty clear the other day when I picked up my new rod. I was so mad that I did not want to make a racket and simply left before saying something not so nice sort of speak.

Definitely not going to shop there anymore that's for sure. I think my next step is to send a letter with a copy of the receipts and barcodes to Shimano head office in California and see what happens.

Jacques

Jacque, give Shimano a call at their head office in Peterboro, 705-745-3232 and explain the situation to them personally, rather than an email.

Their great folks to deal with and I've never had a problem with them before, infact I don't recall ever hearing of anyone getting a hassle from them. Maybe you just had the wrong person reading your email :dunno:

If you did indeed leave with out saying anything. :D Do what GCD has suggested. Ask for the manager. Don't talk to the clerk at the counter about it..

Thanks gbfisher!!!

Jacque, give Shimano a call at their head office in Peterboro, 705-745-3232 and explain the situation to them personally, rather than an email.

Their great folks to deal with and I've never had a problem with them before, infact I don't recall ever hearing of anyone getting a hassle from them. Maybe you just had the wrong person reading your email :dunno:

Awesome :) Thanks lew!!! I'll give them a call for sure.

I have never had a problem dealing with Shimano in Peterborough.

Follow Lew's advice and I'm sure you can get this sorted out.

Be polite! They replaced your rod, it's just someone shipped the wrong weight.

Now here's something to think about...

The rod you broke was rated for 1/4 to 3/4 ounce baits...the rod didn't fail.

You broke it with that 5 inch Spook!

In my opinion, if you want to use a bait that big you need a much heavier rod.

Take the bait to the Post Office and ask them to weigh it for you.

I'll bet you need something like a musky rod to handle the weighed.

Leechman,

From my experience, companies will often send out different rods...sometimes by mistake, and sometimes not.

For example, a customer told me that he sent in a Fenwick Techa AV for warranty repair and recevied back a lesser rod by far - the new generation Elite Tech. The only reason I can think of for that happening was - considering the timing - Fenwich was in the middle of introducing a new generation of rods, and may simply not have had the new Technas produced yet, and none of the old ones left. I suppose they were faced with the choice of sending out a new rod, and hoping the customer didn't mind, or keep the customer waiting months until they had the proper replacement. Right or wrong, that's what happens.

In your case, it was probabaly a simple mistake, but the communication between the companies, the retailers, and the customers is in most cases zero.

Shimano is a wonderful company to deal with, and they have been gracious enough to replace several rods for me over the years. That includes a couple of rods that I broke, and that they were under absolutely no obligation to exchange. In my mind, the company's customer service is first-rate.

That said, sometimes things happen. The guy in the warehouse accidentally picks up a medium rod instead of a medium-heavy - that's an honest mistake. Or, at the time they're out of the MH model, and someone - meaning well - made a judgement call and tried to get you the closest replacement as quickly as possible. Maybe that particular rod was discontinued and the medium action is all they have on hand at the moment.

As others have suggested, I'd make a polite phone call to Shimano in Peterborough, explain your situation, and ask if they can swap the medium rod they gave you for a medium-heavy model instead. Providing there are no stock issues, it should be no problem.

Go back to the store and purchase the MH you wanted....wait a couple of days and take back the M that you didn't really want....after all isn't that what they did.

Thanks Billy Bob!!! but this is not what I want to do.... all I want is some answers about what happened.

I have never had a problem dealing with Shimano in Peterborough.

Follow Lew's advice and I'm sure you can get this sorted out.

Be polite! They replaced your rod, it's just someone shipped the wrong weight.

Now here's something to think about...

The rod you broke was rated for 1/4 to 3/4 ounce baits...the rod didn't fail.

You broke it with that 5 inch Spook!

In my opinion, if you want to use a bait that big you need a much heavier rod.

Take the bait to the Post Office and ask them to weigh it for you.

I'll bet you need something like a musky rod to handle the weighed.

Thanks Garry!!! I will follow Lew's advice and phone them. As for the weight of the spook, I have a food scale at home.... weighted it and it's 11g or just under 1/2oz. The rod I have received is rated for 1/8oz - 5/8oz.

Don't think I need a heavier rod.

Good luck! Could totally be a simple mistake...you'll know more after you talk to someone :)

Thanks johnnyb!!! It could totally be.

Shimano has replaced 2 rods for me.

No questions.

My V-rod was replaced by a one up model as the V was no longer being made.

I liked the V-rod better than the replacement though.

Thanks Bernie!!! I know how you feel about the replacement. This is not about bashing Shimano but instead what went wrong in the delivering process.

Leechman,

From my experience, companies will often send out different rods...sometimes by mistake, and sometimes not...... ........In your case, it was probabaly a simple mistake, but the communication between the companies, the retailers, and the customers is in most cases zero.

Thanks ABD!!! I'm sure this is what it was.

Shimano is a wonderful company to deal with, and they have been gracious enough to replace several rods for me over the years. That includes a couple of rods that I broke, and that they were under absolutely no obligation to exchange. In my mind, the company's customer service is first-rate.

That said, sometimes things happen. The guy in the warehouse accidentally picks up a medium rod instead of a medium-heavy - that's an honest mistake. Or, at the time they're out of the MH model, and someone - meaning well - made a judgement call and tried to get you the closest replacement as quickly as possible. Maybe that particular rod was discontinued and the medium action is all they have on hand at the moment.

As others have suggested, I'd make a polite phone call to Shimano in Peterborough, explain your situation, and ask if they can swap the medium rod they gave you for a medium-heavy model instead. Providing there are no stock issues, it should be no problem.

Thanks Craig!!! You are absolutely correct in saying that it could be a honest mistake or they meant well in sending me another type, I can live with that..... but what really get's to me is that I'm receiving a rod of lesser type for what I originally bought??

That is what I want answered. That's all.

I will be phoning them for sure and be diplomatic about it too. There's no need to be all cranked up about this.

Just want answers, that's all

Leechman

Ah For God Sakes ..

They sent you the wrong rod by Mistake , That would be a great starter rod for Melissa , either that or snap it in half and lop it in the Garbage .... :stretcher:

And purchase the heavier rod you want...

Shimano is a Great company to deal with ....

They've already replaced a dozen for me over the years.... :P:P

Ah For God Sakes ..

They sent you the wrong rod by Mistake , That would be a great starter rod for Melissa , either that or snap it in half and lop it in the Garbage .... :stretcher:

And purchase the heavier rod you want...

Shimano is a Great company to deal with ....

They've already replaced a dozen for me over the years.... :P:P

Ah For God Sakes .. What was I thinking :lol::lol:

It would definitely be a good starter rod for Mélissa, no doubt about it...

Thanks for your insight Paul :thumbsup_anim:

Hey guys, looking for your opinion, I know it's a lond read but bare with me....

I purchased a Shimano Scimitar 6’ 6” SMS66MH2A medium heavy fast action rod in late August because after catching that big LMB, didn't want to be put in a position to fight another biggun with a medium action light setup that I have.

Once I had tried the new one.... just could not believe how light it was, sensitive, really enjoyed it. But that did not last for long <_< In late October while testing my 5" spook that I created, broke the tip off it :wallbash: I was really heart broken about this <_<

Brought the broken rod to the store I bought it from and they told me, they would ship it to Shimano, no questions asked and would take a couple of weeks. Sounded great to me. Deer season went by and no news.... so I phoned the store, they told me that they haven't receive it yet.

So I says to myself, OK maybe next week.... Well it took over a month before I got a call from them.... but that isn't what I'm posting about..... Once I got the call to pick it up, got to the store and the clerk handed me the new rod.

Thought to myself B) Rod seemed to look the same as the one I had bought. Checked the underside of the main shaft to see what was written on it and what I read was not the same :wallbash:

It read SMS-66M-2A and the one I bought a couple of months ago was SMS66MH2A.

And this is after I had paid $11.30 for it. So I says to the clerk, " Why am I getting a lesser model that I had paid for " She replied " Nothing I can do "

Man was I ever peaved off. Left the store and got home.... could not believe that a renowned company like Shimano would do this. So off I went on the Internet to get an address.

Had a hard time to get one, found one and sent a angry client email to them. That was a couple of days ago and still did not hear from them. So this is why I wanted to post this rant of mine to see if any of you had bad service with the said company.

It won't prevent me from fishing but won't the same with a rod of the same type I have in stock.

Any body knows an email address I can send it to??

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Thanks ever so much

Jacques

I just looked for the one I bought looking at your thread.I looked and remeber it breaking on a snag.I know now where it is.In the drink.Where I pitched it.Im sure some one found it and had it fixed.Used it twice,never again.A baitcasting rod med/light action 6ft or so.

I just looked for the one I bought looking at your thread.I looked and remeber it breaking on a snag.I know now where it is.In the drink.Where I pitched it.Im sure some one found it and had it fixed.Used it twice,never again.A baitcasting rod med/light action 6ft or so.

I'm confused :blink: Can you clarify???

If i understand correctly, you just thrown away a good rod in the drink :o