Well that about wraps it up

aniceguy

I dont know how it happened or really should I care but the last 30 days have been surreal to say the least. This fall has been one of the nicest weather wise in a long time and the stars aligned more then once allowing me to fish 9 out of the last 23 or so days. I have dragged tubes for Erie bass, fished Browns way more then I wanted chased Chromers on a consistant manner, but today seems to be the icing on the cake.

But let me digress back a bit.

Not wanting to really fish any tournaments on Erie simply do to my 18.5 boat and having to run to the US in 8 footers put me in a " fun fish Mode" where it didnt matter when and where i fished,glad I did as I figured out some waypoints that once I get the SI unit I can go over to confirm whats there. Eire has been really bad for mooching spots and Im happy I figured out some water on my own.

Last trip I took a friend Justin out he never experienced the bass on Erie but the 6 footers and a stomach flu had him off sooner then later. We managed a few but nothing to write home on, sadly its more then likely my last trip on Erie until April..... A few from the day

20091115_1104_edited-1.jpg

a really nice fish from the day Im a big guy so it makes my fish look small lol

20091115_1099_edited-1.jpg

A few brown and steelhead trips in between and that brings me to today.

Figuring in a month or so we will be on ice a buddy and I decided one last soft water trip before winter ice fishing and the Niagara was in order. While we are at it we figured a shore lunch to cap it. Where else can you go that's an hour from my house and virtually guarantee a shore lunch....Bingo Simcoe

It really sunk home after I had fish and chips with a friend Friday how badly I wanted a fish fry again so there was no way I wasnt doing shore lunch today

So off we go, this time though I brought my youngest as he has a love for fishing that I think I love catering to even more.

We arive to beautiful sheet glass water...BINGO perfect........ here he is enjoying a rest

20091122_1169.jpg

We planned in advance so I par boiled potatoes then added bacon a pile of onions and seasoning perfect to flip a bit on the burner and eat....its a precurser to the attipiskat trip next summer, I think I ll be doing my share of shore lunch that week so some training is always welcome

the fishing wasn't fast or furious but some nice jumbo's were to be found thats for sure

20091122_1176.jpg

I love fishing shallow for perch and watching them cruise then dropping a shiner on then and wham ohhhh in the well they go, catch and release is a great thing but sometimes we all need to embrace our canadian love for fish striaght out of the lake

20091122_1175.jpg

needless to say it was a picture pefect day until my son buried a #10 hook into my eye lid, happily when I told him not to move he didnt so the barb didnt go in and was able to work it out and back to fishing we went it could have gone the other way real fast so I was happy he listened

Anyhow we fished fast and furious until the telltale sign of lunch approached yup the grumbling tummy symdrome...with that off we went, it was great seeing my son pick them off in the livewell

20091122_1174.jpg

After we got out of the water I noticed something odd, for a faint second I thought hummmm beans fresh fish pan fried potatoes and fresh Mushrooms....then I re thought they were oddly hanging off the engine of my friends boat, strange seeing a mushroom adhere to metal of an engine and god only know what sort of mushroom it was......any help is appreciated on it

20091122_1171.jpg

Im glad my son came it made the day one of my most memorable of the entire years fishing and his smile at the end of the day coupled with his full tummy of fresh fish was well worth it and beyond

20091122_1188.jpg

Its time to kick back have a few beers watch some football and get ready for work, I have a friend driving to Florida for a few so Im hoping I can reschedule a few things and fish some shiners under a balloon next week......heres to hoping

Edited by aniceguy

Im going to try and get a little garden growing off the back of my boat. The mushroom stays until it falls off on its own.

Lou, you look good in my Lund, time to trade in that lame bass boat for a real one.

Bill, we plan to do a little fish fry on Simcoe for perch again when the ice forms, you're more than welcome to come out.

Edited by justin elia

Im going to try and get a little garden growing off the back of my boat. The mushroom stays until it falls off on its own.

Lou, you look good in my Lund, time to trade in that lame bass boat for a real one.

Bill, we plan to do a little fish fry on Simcoe for perch again when the ice forms, you're more than welcome to come out.

Maybe we can add some roma tomatoes, for a sauce.....trade my boat for a lund so I can go what a whopping 30 miles and hour boat lol...

Bill I second that big time it was pretty much at the top of the list for favorite trips of the year

Dont worry about the Pike trip the bean attack is late in the night and I suspect we will be a weeee bit tipsy then and wont care if I sprout some blue angels around then

Sounds like a plan!! Although I'm allergic to fish :) But I'll catch as many as I can for you guys to eat...

Louis, I'll be bringing lots of Gibsons Finest Rare and other bottles of goodies.