Baitcasters

MooseMerch

Sure you can buy your baitcaster now but you prob wont get to use it to much.

Suggestion:

Spend between 90+ on a baitcast reel my friend. Trust me and many other fokes that will tell you the same. O and if possible wait for a sale...I tent to have a habit of not waiting lol.

Good luck and come back for more help on how to tune the reel to lure weights for near perfect casts etc...

MTBF

I have experience with shimano reels and models like the citica, curado, are very good reels. For your first one I know the temptation is to get a cheaper one, then as you get used to using it you will want to up grade. But if you get a good one right of the hop you'll have it for a long time and have no need for and upgrade. If your budget will allow for a better one go for it if not then I would save up. Bass pro has a sale every year and you can't beat the price for some of the reels that go on sale and they are top quality. I would wait for then unless you get one for a great price. Good luck

What GBW said!!

I was over this summer and hit Dicks and Gander mountain. Prices in Canada are just as competitve and I think in the GTA we have way better selection in the stores.

I had the urge to buy when I was there but couldn't find anything worth while deals or in the quality range I wanted. Dicks has some interesing off brands but I don't think I saw any better Daiwa or Shimano on their shelf.

Hit the classifieds here and check out some of the recent posts (hint hint!)

Sure you can buy your baitcaster now but you prob wont get to use it to much.

Suggestion:

Spend between 90+ on a baitcast reel my friend. Trust me and many other fokes that will tell you the same. O and if possible wait for a sale...I tent to have a habit of not waiting lol.

Good luck and come back for more help on how to tune the reel to lure weights for near perfect casts etc...

MTBF

Mike is right. Don't cheap out :)

I bought a Quantum Code reel with a Quantum Tour Rod, I forget the exact specs on it. But it came out to around $170 I think for the pair.

I love it. I caught my first pier Salmon on it and it was a hoot :)

Another Shimano fan here, Calcutta CT's & TE's and Tekotta 600's for trolling.

Best if you tell us your price range and target species and it'll be easier to figure what reel will work best for you.

As others have mentioned already though, best to buy good quality now rather than starting off cheap and regretting it down the road.