what's up with bronte?

fishinguypat

please ...please i just can't take any more of this nonsense ..

Dude, go check out the river.

Get a notepad, copy down what the conditions were like, then go home, jump on the net and look at the flow charts.

Soon enough you'll figure out what is good and what isn't..

You honestly think people are going to tell you when the fish are in? There will be hundreds of people down there...

Think about it.

Im Starting to think this FishingGuypat is not even for real, but playin a big joke....its kinda funny if he is for real,...but kindof annoying if he isnt. Dude, just get out there and do it,...I have a buddy who comes out all the time, has been steelheading for a couple years now,..almost never catches a fish while we are smashing them and he is doing almost the exact same thing and we help him like crazy,..but he still comes out as he knows its going to change some day.

i don't mea about if the fish are in i had questions about the river in general...you people are like wolves on anybody asking about a river that is said by name...yelling out "Check it out yourself!" "CHECK IT OUT YOURSELF!!?"...i know what you guys are talking about ok

note, go there :) i know you hate that one, start at the most legal northern limit to fish, try the runs, riffles, pools, blow downs.and walk south till you get tired or find some fish. hint, rain maybe on saturday... maybe try it on gods day. if you catch my drift! (no pun intended)

note, go there :) i know you hate that one, start at the most legal northern limit to fish, try the runs, riffles, pools, blow downs.and walk south till you get tired or find some fish. hint, rain maybe on saturday... maybe try it on gods day. if you catch my drift! (no pun intended)

Where is good access around the 407? I have only ever accessed off Hwy 5.

perhaps I'm not familiar with this dude's previous posting history? but asking about how the bite is on a fishing forum....what a fool, I mean the nerve of him to ask such a question on a fishing forum.....

I take it fishingguypat is new to steelheading???....welcome to the number 2 rule: NEVER ask about the bite on a popular spot.....rule number 1: never ask somebody for a spot or access point....steelheaders don't like to share....hahah lol

here's a link for river levels:

http://scitech.pyr.ec.gc.ca/waterweb/formnav.asp

as mentioned previously, it takes considerable leg work in order to become successfull....start at hwy 5 and work downstream....I typically will hike (if it's a new creek to me) and look for the deepest pools to fish first and then fish my way up and/or down from them

I find downsizing your baits gets me more bites...small egg sacs(ie 2 salmon eggs or 3 or 4 rainbow eggs), single eggies or beads, various nymphs, etc

get yourself a stream thermometer and take note of the river temps....particularly when you catch a few....trout prefer cooler water but even still when it gets to low 40's and lower even trout slow down....in the fall i find that you don't need to be out there at sun up...my best fising comes late morning and into mid afternoon....when the sun is on the river and warming things up a degree or two

lastly, unless you are an ACTUALLY good float fisherman I'd recommend starting with bottom bouncing.....when the fish get sluggish their strike zone shrinks, you have to be running your setup perfectly if you're float fishing to get inside that window......I feel that bottom bouncing is easier and has more room for error than float fishing

good luck

The people that post elitist, condescending replies to questions like this are probably the same people are give me strange looks when I say good morning on the river banks.

Very Canadian of you :)

Stop eating sheephead, it's affecting your brain :)

Pat, if you want a bit more information, send someone off a PM.. People will be a lot more helpful when they know the hundreds of lurkers on this site won't also be given the heads up...

If you are ever headed up this way, I'll be glad to give you some info that should help you out in your search for a steelie.

I rarely, if ever fish Bronte anymore and I live very close to it, if that helps indicate the state of Bronte these days...

Spend some time on the road, and look forward to consistent double-digit numbers of fish rather than waste your valuable time in a dead creek.

My $.02 ;)

i am rather new to steelheading...i have yet to fish steelhead past the second week in November.i ask about bronte a lot because i want to know if the fish are even there..let me put it this way,to me i have fished bronte quite a bit but never seen anyone catch a steelhead there . everytime i go people say the fish haven't come in yet.i guess i'll stop asking about bronte since i think there is nothing left to ask... why are the fishermen on this forum rude to me? i have asked questions about spots but i have never actually insulted somebody...now people are calling me a bad fishermen :( well... i've had enough crap to talk about ...I love this forum