Christine and Justin Do Quebec...

JustinHoffman

Hello All,

Hit a small Quebec lake today with my friend Christine, arriving at the launch at 10am. Light to moderate winds and sunny skies greeted us as we motored to our first stop, and the water temperature was a constant 45 degrees throughout the entire day.

Fish were beyond finicky. Like previous outings, the bass were barely registering a bite on our plastic offerings, and for seven hours of fishing, we only managed to put eight fish in the boat. Fish were extremely scattered today, leading us to believe that the front and high winds from the day before put the fish in a fairly neutral mood.

All fish were caught on various plastic offerings (BPS craws and creatures, Berkley craws, etc.) doubled up with Fin-tech Football Jigs. One decent largie did fall for a Bagley's crank, and hit aggressively from six feet of water:

Quebec2-2.jpg

All other fish came from water between 12 and 21 feet deep. Here is Christine's big smallie of the day - barely registering on the rod tip when it struck:

Quebec3-2.jpg

Quebec4-2.jpg

Quebec5-1.jpg

This largie was the big fish of the day (3lb 8oz) and smoked a jig on the fall in 12 feet of water. This, other than the crankbait fish, were the only two to hit with any sort of aggression. (Coincidentally, it was blind in one eye...)

Quebec6-1.jpg

Although the fish were few and far between, sharing the boat with some laughter and fun is always a sign of a good day out...

Quebec8-1.jpg

Quebec7-1.jpg

Quebec1-2.jpg

Did get pulled over by the Ministry on Highway 5 for a "gun" check on the way home. Thought it was the police and a "ride" check at first, but realized quickly it wasn't. Super friendly officer - asked if we had any guns, then proceeded to talk fishing for a quick bit. Nice to see it out, and quite a few hunting rigs pulled over for inspection while we were on the shoulder...

I'll be back, French Bass, at least one more time before my season comes to an end...

Good Fishing,

Justin

Edited by JustinHoffman

Guest Johnny Bass

Hardcore fisherwoman!Man I am getting cold just looking at the pictures. Maybe next year I'll splurge and get a floatation suit and give it a try. Thanks for haring.

Guest Johnny Bass

Hardcore fisherwoman!Man I am getting cold just looking at the pictures. Maybe next year I'll splurge and get a floatation suit and give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Johnny Bass