The Season of Big Bass

MCTFisher9120

Hello All!

This year for myself and some friends has been fantastic for catching big large and small mouths! Share your PB bass this year with us, bring back some smiles and memories.

I know for myself every time I look at my biggin I grow a giant smile across my face. What have you learned this year that has helped you improve your bass fishing, new techniques etc, and what are you looking forward to next year?

For me, spinnerbaits and jigs will be my new techniques to try next year. Tubes, poppers, and topwater frogs have been my "go to" baits this last summer. And I know for some, there is still some bass fishing left to go.

Just wanted to see some of this summers big bass that Ontario has shown us!

Thanks,

MTBF

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I'm with Dan Bouck!

DSC01875.jpg

This thing was huge and put up a helluva fight!!!... it took me like 20 minutes to get it to the net!!!... the pic doesn't do it justice, not at all!!!

btw.. it isn't a Black Bass, but it is a "true Bass"... those Black Bass are actually Sunfish!!!

P.S. I guess we can expect you to recap your 2009 year into 2015 if you don't do any better Mike? :rolleyes:

I honestly don't think I've caught a bass this year.

With an insane work schedule in the summer, one fly in trip, another trip up to Nipigon, then steelhead season there hasn't been much time for bass.

:EDIT: I caught some big ones while up at the camp with Mike, but those were OOS so they don't count.

Edited by BillM

Sure they do and I bet there's even pictures!!

I think there is one pic! I better burn it before the MNR comes knocking on my door :)

It's sad to think that's the only bass I tangled with this year.

Edited by BillM

Aren't they open all year at Mike's anyhow?? They are in Ontario from Liskeard North.

See that's the thing, I thought they were open on the lake we were fishing, Mike told me they were still closed.

So I dunno.... regardless they all went back in the drink.

This was my biggest of the year. Caught him on a drop shot. 18.5" Smallie

dsc01849e.jpg

And on the same day I caught my favorite bass of the year. Look at the pattern on this guy.

dsc01845y.jpg

Edited by LucG