Cameron Lake Monster - Unknown Creature

soma56

I apologize in advanced if this is already posted somewhere. I did a search but couldn’t find it here and thought you boys might find it as interesting as I did. Apparently there have been numerous reports of ‘something large’ from Cameron Lake in British Columbia. While researching some links to post for you guys here – I realized it was B.C., not Ontario, a shame as I would have almost considered driving out there. I caught a bit of it on the radio the other day and found these new reports online:

hxxp://www.bclocalnews.com/vancouver_island_central/parksville_qualicumbeachnews/news/60056822.html

hxxp://farshores.org/c07mon10.htm

I didn't come here to promote any other sites so replace the 'xx' at the beginning of the links above with 'tt'. Pm me if you don't understand or if you having issues.

What do you guys think?

Apparently they sent in a 'scientific team' to investigate. Hmm, what could it be?

Edited by soma56

Finally!, we could see some tax payers money put to good use! (in my opinion)...

I suggest a government grant to study it, preferably a very large amount of taxpayer money.

Politics aside, the thought of some crazy large (fish?, mammal?) lurking in these waters is intriguing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type to stay up all night listening to 'coast to coast am' (phenomenon radio show in case you don't know) waiting for the latest psychic readings and predictions. I suspect most of you are the same - although I'm new here and really have know idea who any of you are. However, I am inclined to feel intrigued at the possibility of a new discovery. Perhaps a largest lake trout known to man? A giant squid living in the most perfect environmental conditions?

In the end it's entertaining and I hope something else surfaces whether - it's something that must be seen with your own eyes in order to believe...

Edited by soma56

Since you brought up the photoshop bit 'SNAG' I thought I would add the original Nessie image to the thread. Ironically, my my sixth great-grandfather was named after the town along the shores where this creature has been seen:

Loch%20Ness%20Monster.jpg

Here's some anonymous 'Nessie' information to refresh some peoples memory and perhaps for the young ones as well that may have never heard of the myth...

Loch Ness is located in the North of Scotland and is one of a series of interlinked lochs which run along the Great Glen. The Great Glen is a distinctive incision which runs across the country and represents a large geological fault zone. The interlinking was completed in the 19th century following the completion of the Caledonian Canal.

For many years it has been supposed that there is a large dinosaur-like "monster" resident in Loch Ness. The evidence for its existence are a series of sightings of a plesiosaur-like dinosaur throughout the last 100 years. The case has occasionally been supported by indistinct photographic evidence.

However, several scientific studies have been conducted, including thorough sonar surveys of the loch, and these have not revealed any presence of such a "monster". Many people believe that the size (21 square miles) and great depth of the loch (almost 800 feet), together with potential underwater caves, gives the monster many places to hide.

Regardless of the truth, the suggestion of the Monster's existence makes Loch Ness one of Scotland's top tourist attractions.

Edited by soma56

You know Ontario has dealt with it's own lake monsters as well..

I was putting a painting together and had to research what it looked like first from archival newspaper articles---internet and even published books.

Apparently in the 70's even tv stations as far away as Los Angeles were looking into this one.

It resides in a deep long body of water in Eastern Ontario--Muskrat Lake.

Here's what I found (part of anyway)

Bushart

Now Cobden was on the Voyageuer route around the rapids of The Ottawa river---I thought this was a better way to tie "Mussie" to Cobden rather than the Town Watertower

Cobden is also famous for being the spot where Champlains Astrolabe was found

Now I wanted something different than the 3 bump inflatible that depicts all sea (lake) creatures taken at some distance---thus I drove him up on a point for a close-up

Bushart

pg41.JPG

Politics aside, the thought of some crazy large (fish?, mammal?) lurking in these waters is intriguing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not the type to stay up all night listening to 'coast to coast am' (phenomenon radio show in case you don't know) waiting for the latest psychic readings and predictions. I suspect most of you are the same - although I'm new here and really have know idea who any of you are. However, I am inclined to feel intrigued at the possibility of a new discovery. Perhaps a largest lake trout known to man? A giant squid living in the most perfect environmental conditions?

In the end it's entertaining and I hope something else surfaces whether - it's something that must be seen with your own eyes in order to believe...

Then you'd really like the latest novel by Steve Alten; "The Loch!" I read it when it came out in the spring and it was great! Terrific if ya love underwater monsters!

Edited by Mike Pike

Well I'm skeptical to believe they are 'monsters' lurking in lakes and oceans but I do think the idea of a really, really large fish is possible. For example, I'm sure you guys heard about that record Large Mouth in Japan (22 pounds, 4 ounces). Not a 'monster' per-say but a freak of nature and one out of a million. Whose to say there isn't a massive Trout in Cameron Lake that beat the odds of nature and humans?

large_manabukurita.jpg