The massacre has begun.... Bronte...

Burtess

Stopped by at around lunch time today to take a look at how many goons the rain brought out.

Parking lot was packed, cars parked up the road into Petro Canada Park.

Brutal was the carnage going on.....

Females, males, a couple coho..... saw a guy pull one out (hooked in the belly) and it already had a hook in its back and one in the tail. When told he couldn't keep the fish, he of course took the "no speak English" excuse.... I said "Bull" and put my finger in my cheek like a hook and shook my head. He put it back.

Called the MNR TIPS line and just made a general report on the whole area..... give it a couple of days and the stink of death will be thick!!

Burt :wallbash:

My skin is no longer thick enough to go to these rapeing areas Burt.

It hasnt changed since I can remember. Sad really.

I,ll bet you felt like sticking a #1 O treb in thier face and dragging them with your truck eh? Yeah, me too.

Edited by misfish

It`s what happens every year Burt. But I don`t know if you can blame people who "no speak English".. they learned it from somewhere here eh?

Not blaming it on people who do not speak English...... these clearly do and understand it fully.... typically it is the instant excuse some use.

There are all races and ethnicities down there doing the same thing... I am not drawing the "race card".. meerly was recounting an event of the day...

Burt

i would happily pay triple the annual fishing license fee if it meant there'd be enough COs to deal with these guys. Its pretty gross how i absolutely love fishing, live 2 mins from bronte creek, and would never venture down there to fish because what happens is just so disgusting.

Guest gbfisher

was down there last night and watched a ton of fish come up. No body was passed the parking lot though. The parking was full but most were under the bridge......

.......Drop shottng Salmon....... :jerry:

Edited by gbfisher

Yes I agree it a horrible site to see but I love river fishing don’t think I can ever give it up. I drove down from Windsor on Saturday to take a look at the conditions since the area did get some rain. As I was pulling into the parking lot, I saw a Police Marine Unit Car parked there. This gave me at least some hope that at least for a few hours it might keep these goons from raping the resources.

I didn’t see the cops they must have been on the river either fishing or taking care of some business, but hopefully there presence did some good. Even if they were just fishing themselves I think the car in the parking lot would make a lot of these guys change there mind.

WE ALL are a resource ..we just need someone to write the tickets if they know where to go ...mind you ...by the time we are aware the damage will be done

why dont they take the fishery students out of class this time of year to assist in the monitoring ( call it practical enforcement prerequisite ) must have X amount of hours logged towards graduation...

WE ALL are a resource ..we just need someone to write the tickets if they know where to go ...mind you ...by the time we are aware the damage will be done

why dont they take the fishery students out of class this time of year to assist in the monitoring ( call it practical enforcement prerequisite ) must have X amount of hours logged towards graduation...

That's a great idea but I don't think they will ever do that.... Even if they had some sort of volunteer program I know I would sign up, and I bet a many others would also. Even if I live in Windsor I hit up most of these rivers any chance I get.

Me personally,think the MNR should grant/deputize sr club members that take care of the restoration and stocking of these rivers,full blown authority,to lay charges.Yes even if it means giving the same outfits they wear. Vests guns,what ever it takes.VOLUNTEERS.

Me personally,think the MNR should grant/deputize sr club members that take care of the restoration and stocking of these rivers,full blown authority,to lay charges.Yes even if it means giving the same outfits they wear. Vests guns,what ever it takes.VOLUNTEERS.

mrburns.jpg

Excellent!. There's nothing a pack of hot headed vigilantes can't handle.

If that doesn't work release the hounds!

That's a great idea but I don't think they will ever do that.... Even if they had some sort of volunteer program I know I would sign up, and I bet a many others would also. Even if I live in Windsor I hit up most of these rivers any chance I get.

The MNR used to have a volunteer "policing" program but it was cancelled a few years ago. You had to take some courses and be "certified". It was cancelled because it was too popular and became uncontrollable (I was told this by a senior MNR employee when I tried to volunteer).

Burt