Possession question

dannyboy

So game fish in your freezer count toward your possession limit.

Live game fish in your aquarium count toward your daily limit.

Does a real mounted game fish count towards possession?

What about fish buried in the rose garden?

Just thinking out loud really.

Dan

YES

Pretty sure that's illegal

Does a real mounted game fish count towards possession?.

NO

I wont even answer that...lol

Does a real mounted game fish count towards possession?

Just thinking out loud really.

Dan

If you practice C&R you don't have to worry about any of that. B)

imagine that scenario in a court of law... :unsure: if i was the judge the evidence would be deemed inadmissible... :lol:

funny, but you know darn well that if the CO could prove you caught 2 limits in one day he would have you in court.

I know a guy that got busted for over limit because there were over a limit of fish heads in his garbage at camp.

The guy went to court and got off, he smiled at the warden after court,but the game warden said ..yep, but it cost you the travel and a day of missed work, and smiled back.

This guy had been on the CO's list for a reason, he just got him the best way he could. :clapping:

That's not necessarily true. It is against the law if the fish is suitable for human consumption. One could argue that a large fish from a poluted body of water was not suitable for human consumption.

True...which is why no one gets charged for dumping salmon at the tournies. All evidence points to them being risky meals.

That's not necessarily true. It is against the law if the fish is suitable for human consumption. One could argue that a large fish from a poluted body of water was not suitable for human consumption.

One could argue, but are any fish actually listed in the sportfishing guide as "do not consume" "unfit for human consumption". If not, then you gotta eat it if you keep it. mmmm..mmmmm Hamilton Harbour carp :o

Remember that parts of a fish count as a fish...by this i mean if you have the roe of two trout in your freezer, you have two trout in your freezer. This was added to the law to prevent people from removing roe of OOS fish.

hmmm.. learn something new every time im on here..

Remember that parts of a fish count as a fish...by this i mean if you have the roe of two trout in your freezer, you have two trout in your freezer. This was added to the law to prevent people from removing roe of OOS fish.

This is one law I'm alittle confused about, the problem is how much roe is 1 trout or salmon? I have all my roe packaged in day packs so I thaw out one pack for the day and tie it up, I may get 10- 15 packages from a big hen or I may get 5 depending on the fish harvested. How can the MNR determine how many trout were harvested for the amount of roe I have kept, I guess the law would really come into effect if you have over 10-20lbs of roe in your posession. Another problem is trout are in season all year where I fish so Harvesting the roe is legal.I think this law is hard to enforce, but I can see it as extra amunition to be used to arrest a poacher who may be selling wild trout roe.