Red Fishing Line.....

jaysonmarion@gmail.com

I am going to head out to Angling Outfitters in Woodstock tonight, and I've been reading a lot lately about Red line.

I am probably going to be buying a baitcasting setup tonight, and was thinking about pairing it with some Red Powerpro.

Anyone have any experience/comments? Good? Bad? :)

Thanks!

i have no experience with it but i would think red is a pretty prominent colour and probably more visible underwater then others...well ...unless you are fishing in australia right now cuz of the red sandstorms

Edited by Twocoda

First I even hear of it, but I found this:

An innovative manufacturing process called Enhanced Body Technology permeates this revolutionary braided line with a protective layer that will not peel off. This results in a line that is much stronger than steel and winds easily on to any type of reel without retaining memory. The smooth surface texture allows it to effortlessly sail quietly through the guides.

It's called Power Pro Phantom Red and it is what I use on one of my reels and it's barely visible in the water. I guess that is why they call it Phantom Red :lol::lol:

It's an excellent line but the only thing is the rod guides will be covered in red fluff after you use it a few times!!!

But overall is my number one choice of line for braid.

Leechman

i have no experience with it but i would think red is a pretty prominent colour and probably more visible underwater then others...well ...unless you are fishing in australia right now cuz of the red sandstorms

Actually, from what I understand it is the complete opposite.

Red is the first colour that will start to disappear in the water, due to the dissipation of the light under the water, which would make it the least visible.

ROY G BIV

I have it on two baitcasters and all I can say is that I like PowerPro and the red catches fish the same as the green. I bought it initially to try as it was cheaper then the green (the store had lots of inventory they were trying to move). I don't think I would pay a premium for it but it seems to be relatively invisible underwater to my eyes........I haven't asked the fish though.

I've been using 15# on my river bass rod since last fall and other than the red rubbing off a bit it's been great, and though I haven't been catching huge numbers of bass this year I have a feeling that in terms of attracting bass it's better than the slightly heavier green braid I was using. I like it for casting on a spinning reel.

And whoever it was that said red just turns black is correct. We checked it out back when we were scuba diving. Blood comes out black below a certain depth. It has to do with light penetrating water.

JF

And whoever it was that said red just turns black is correct. We checked it out back when we were scuba diving. Blood comes out black below a certain depth. It has to do with light penetrating water.

JF

Thats correct John. It kinda makes you wonder about these companies flaunting blood red hooks eh? The only reason that red baits are good is because they're black. I could go on......

Actually, from what I understand it is the complete opposite.

Red is the first colour that will start to disappear in the water, due to the dissipation of the light under the water, which would make it the least visible.

ROY G BIV

Yes....the colour red is the first colour is the first colour to "disappear" underwater. However, it does quite the opposite to disappear....it's the first colour to turn black at about the 20 foot mark. The last colour to turn black is blue which is at the other end of the spectrum.

As you can see, the companies who make red line are not really telling a great big lie....they are just using other words to show how easily some people can be duped.

Yes....the colour red is the first colour is the first colour to "disappear" underwater. However, it does quite the opposite to disappear....it's the first colour to turn black at about the 20 foot mark. The last colour to turn black is blue which is at the other end of the spectrum.

As you can see, the companies who make red line are not really telling a great big lie....they are just using other words to show how easily some people can be duped.

Fisherman can be duped??? im quite proud of my son for buying camo fishing line ....im sure the fish will appreciate it if he ever catches one and it sees what land and trees look like ...

Edited by Twocoda

turns grey not black