Maybe I should start building an Ark!

Greencoachdog

Issued by The National Weather Service

Birmingham, AL

10:08 am CDT, Mon., Sep. 21, 2009

... LIFE THREATENING FLASH FLOODING CONDITIONS ACROSS CENTRAL ALABAMA...

A VERY PERSISTENT WET PATTERN OF THE LAST SEVERAL DAYS HAS CREATED HAZARDOUS CONDITIONS ACROSS PORTIONS OF CENTRAL ALABAMA. SINCE SUNDAY AFTERNOON... ANYWHERE FROM 5 TO 10 PLUS INCHES OF RAINFALL... WITH LOCALLY HIGHER TOTALS... HAVE FALLEN ACROSS AREAS OF WESTERN ALABAMA GENERALLY NORTH OF U.S. 80 AND ALONG AND WEST OF INTERSTATE 65. ALL COUNTIES ACROSS CENTRAL ALABAMA HAVE RECEIVED SUBSTANTIAL RAINFALL OVER THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS. PERIODS OF HEAVY RAINFALL ARE EXPECTED TO CONTINUE THROUGH TONIGHT... WITH AN ADDITIONAL 2 TO 4 INCHES OF RAINFALL POSSIBLE ACROSS MUCH OF THE AREA WITH LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS. GROUNDS ARE SATURATED ACROSS CENTRAL ALABAMA AND WE HAVE TRANSITIONED TO LIFE THREATENING FLASH FLOODING CONDITIONS. RESIDENTS ARE EXPECTED TO USE CAUTION WHEN TRAVELING AS MUCH MORE THAN THE USUAL LOW LYING AREAS WILL BE SUSCEPTIBLE TO FLASH FLOODING

Dammit man!!!

I can't work in the yard... I can't go fishing!!! :angry:

... maybe I'll make Roy some more jigs. B)

Hope you end up OK there Glen. :o

We are expecting a needed rain here but hopefully nothing like you are experiencing.

We're fine Bernie! Flood plain level is elevation 472 here, I believe my lot is 485.

While you're at it.. I'm still waiting for my Sabiki Rigs!!!

Where's your Dixie cup?

Man that's some serious rain fall :w00t:

Hope all the work you did on your yard doesn't get flush away by this rain :blink:

You mind as well make jigs Glen while that storm goes by.... not much you can do about it :unsure:

Jacques

The yard wont wash much Jacques... but I wouldn't advise walking on any of the tilled spots, I'd have to pull you out with the 4x4 Ford! ;)

Just looked at an interactive map for your area...it don't look too good at all. Is your property saturated enough that it no longer absorbs rainfall?

The ground stopped absorbing water a few days ago Roy.

So...can we assume that "you're all wet" ?

... and I'll assume you're a Hosed Hoser! :rolleyes: