Non fishing question..

TJQ

This is my dillema... Right now at the camp, in the sauna, I have shower setup. It is comprised of a small 12v bilge pump hooked up to a 12V car battery. I have an on/off switch inline and the bilge pump goes in the bucket of warm water. Of course it runs off a 12v battery, which I trickle charge of the generator during the day. Well the 12V battery is toast, and I'm exploring options as to how to power the 12V bilge pump directly from the genny/plug, rather than a battery.

I have tried using some 120V to 12V transformers, from the myriad of electronics equipment I've had over the years but the output amperage isn't enough to power the pump. Any suggestions?? I'm at a loss.. and I'd rather not buy another battery that I have to haul in and out of there every year.

again many chargers will not work without a battery hooked to it, so things will not run off them

but if you also run it off a battery, get a charger that has booster charge

Yes, that looks like the kind of thing I need!

So you're saying that in bewtween the charger and the winch there would still have to be a 12V battery?

TJ - I betcha a battery charger will be cheaper than a fountain pump.

Just make sure that you get a manual charger - that way it should work without a battery.

Besides, this way you will have a charger in case you leave the lights on your 4 wheeler!

pump idea T.J. here you go....The reason that your pump will not work is the amp draw is to high. Look at this link it is for a low amp draw even a solar application. I would ask the service rep to make sure but I see no reason why it will not fit the bill.

The Southern Contingency

How about a pc power supply? There are 750 watt and higher versions. Only problem is trying to figure out which wires are the On/Off switch, they usually just plug into the motherboard, and the switch on the front of the pc also plugs into the motherboard.

Then, you have regulated 12V and 5V DC power, with extra connections available.

yes they do

it could be a really small one but you do need one

OK, thanks Terry.

Now I know what to look for in time for the 2010 season.

---

I wonder how we're going to pronounce that --- "Two thousand ten" or "Twenty-ten"? :D