Sunny Florida

taper

Well I made it home from Florida and the in-laws had us pretty busy( they planned the trip ) but we did get a chance to do a 4 hour fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico and it was great. I n the short time period and we had a few non- fishers in the boat we opted to catch numbers rather than size so we fished very close to shore and caught about 120 to 150 fish in 4 hours with 5 rods in the water. We managed blue fish, squirrel fish, mackerel, silver trout, spotted trout, triple tail, ribbon fish and some fish that had legs like a shrimp underneath and a venom in the tips of its dorsal fin that would act like a bee sting if you grabbed it the wrong way. Here is the mackerel very beautiful fish.

gallery_682_194_19759.jpg

We also saw about 30 of these guys including a couple of babies hanging pretty tight to mom’s side.

gallery_682_194_12173.jpg

gallery_682_194_28645.jpg

Here is the ribbon fish our captain said they use these for bait for some of the larger species they target but buy them in, he said they are very rare to be caught in the area and was very excited to catch the first one in his boat.

gallery_682_194_39029.jpg

Most importantly I wanted my son to catch a something he would remember and this 9 pound triple tail was it. This is the largest fish he has ever caught and had a blast doing it.

gallery_682_194_48592.jpg

gallery_682_194_12946.jpg

Back at the dock our captain was displaying his catch from the night before and getting ready to filet it for a big BBQ.

gallery_682_194_2143.jpg