Gar Pike

CRAPPIE

I cant help with a location.... but what type of fishing are you going to do for them ?

I think fly fishing is the only way to TARGET them.... you might catch them by accident on other methods.... but on rondeau they are EVERYWHERE in the little back bays.... I've actually tapped one on the nose a few times... i was trying to point the fish out to my GF and since shes blind she didn't see it. I would say it was about 3 ft or so... Like I said, they are everywhere in the bay... neat fish

But I was told that fly fishing is the best way to fish for them...not sure though. Good luck ! post pics if ya get into'em

• 3 weeks later...

I know 3 spots Moira, lake, Stocco Lake, and Quinte in hay bay just west of Pickeral park.......Used quick strike rigs, under a bobby w larg minnow>>>.Stocco Lake is excellant 20 fish days when the weather is right in an area known as whale back rock.....exciting fishing watching your bobber swimm spo fast, although you do go through quite a bit of gear from those beaks

A good deal farther than you want to go but a lot of them on the back waters of the Georgian bay like around Pointe Au Baril. I certainly wouldn`t travel to far to fish for them intentionally. Just my opinion a Northern Pike of comparable size gives a much better fight.

Caught a number of them up there over the years using big minnows, chubs, fishing for pike, walleye. Biggest was over 40 inches but just not impressed with the fight.

I know 3 spots Moira, lake, Stocco Lake, and Quinte in hay bay just west of Pickeral park.......Used quick strike rigs, under a bobby w larg minnow>>>.Stocco Lake is excellant 20 fish days when the weather is right in an area known as whale back rock.....exciting fishing watching your bobber swimm spo fast, although you do go through quite a bit of gear from those beaks

I'll back up Stocco Lake, went there musky fishing with a friend who was in the air force at Trenton a few times. Seemed like every run from one spot to another at high speed we would see these pods of gar floating just below the surface.