Tournament Release boats

dada2727

Just curious as to get everyones opinion on this matter. I get a few buddies together once and a while and we have a little bass tournament. Just wondering how many fish you would release at the weigh in dock before you would drive them to another location and release them like the CSFL does. I might have upto a dozen boats this weekend, so there could be around 50 fish. Any thoughts?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

totally different idea, but you could always do a total length tourney. participants are given a "tournament issue" ruler...fish are measured upon being caught with a proof photo taken, then released on the spot.

Used to do a lot of club tournies, 100 bucks a boat entry for a 1 day 200 for a two day. Couple of different states and different size limits (by law) on different bodies of water. Some had a 12 inch minimum for bass, some a fifteen, some had slot size, fish had to be between 15 and 18 inches.

Never had a problem with fish mortality, water depth at the end of the ramps or docks was usually at least 5 feet and in Ohio, New York and PA, so maybe a bit warmer water than farther north. Always had the weigh in close to the water, weigh and release with a minimum of handling.

Not really a fan of pictures myself, the less I have to handle the fish the less stress it gets. Also done reduced limit tournies, 3 fish per boat limit, usually works better on lakes or bodies of water that have a larger than normal average size bass.

Dont really wanna say the name of the lake, a smaller lake where there is no tourneys that I know of, not even smaller club tourneys, kinda outta the way up towards haliburton more. Everyone loves it cuz it's only $50 a boat. People want to see a sort of classic next year and possibly team of the year too, so the enthusiasm is there. I was thinking of joining a club, but I allready have tons of buddies to fish with and don't really like the idea of pairing up with somebody new everytime. I know you learn lots of stuff, but I have 3 kids now and the time that I do get on the water I like to spend it with good buddies.