my new favorite top water bait

ecmilley

While chatting with Dave at Hirk's the other day and having 40 bux burning a whole in my pocket, went to grab a couple more spro frogs seeing that i had donated several to trees, musky's and one pike after some discussion he showed me a nories brand frog of course it's was like $17.00 after some thought grabbed it (turns out i had 74 bux burning a hole in my pocket).

This frog is weighted front and rear sits alittle lower in the water more level casts further than a spro but best of all I had a 80%+ hook up ratio on it raised 6 fish got 5 on the one i missed got it on a follow up senko.

I don't know if it was just luck this past weekend or not but i am convinced this is the frog to use I'll be topping off the frog box with more of these Nories lures

I lost 2 spros this week end and got one hook up after 12 attacks...show me this frog!

Dude I feel your pain. I have one black spro that gets blasted hard all the time and I have yet to set hook with it. I bet I am 0 for 20. Insane. I have switched to Mann's frogs and have about a 80% hook up rate. I have inspected that spro frog up and down a hundrede times and I can't fisgure out what is wrong with it.

I had a green spro frog that was getting me a good 80% hook up rate untill a pike took it. because my local store no longer had the green one i bought a tropical,black and a yellow spro frog. i havent had much action on the yellow or the tropical,but just like Cudz said,my black one gets hit alot but i can never hook em. and just like him im in the 0 for 20 range with it.

I was told about your frog and it was the price tag that scared me away. would love to hear future reports from you using this frog.....just to be sure the hook rate is still high for you before i invest in another frog.

spros are a bit rich for my wallet as it is.

I think its the line of the spro...the back/hip of the frog is lined perfectly with the hook. you can run your finger and and wont even touch the point of the hook. I think my solution it moving the hooks over so one is in between the little stubs (where the legs are) and the other is on the outside of the stub.

I think its the line of the spro...the back/hip of the frog is lined perfectly with the hook. you can run your finger and and wont even touch the point of the hook. I think my solution it moving the hooks over so one is in between the little stubs (where the legs are) and the other is on the outside of the stub.

I even bend my hooks out on it. I find (maybe just teh black one) the rubber body is much less supple than other frogs. The ruber thickness seems to be too thick. It doesn't collapse like it should when it gets bitten. I think it has the best action and great skirts but it will not hook up for me.

I got a little tip I'm going to share here. Although some baits are amazing I still like my frog I bought from BPS-SPRO.

I had some hook setting problems and yes I could wait 5 seconds but well it's hard to get use to, I'd rather wait 1 or 2 seconds or most importantly wait for the line to start to run. I took one of the hooks and put it on the other side of the strands of rubber line stuff(see pic) now the odd time it will catch onto a weed but if worked properly ur hooking percentage or mine at least doubled in catching.

Give it a try,

MTBF

Dude I feel your pain. I have one black spro that gets blasted hard all the time and I have yet to set hook with it. I bet I am 0 for 20. Insane. I have switched to Mann's frogs and have about a 80% hook up rate. I have inspected that spro frog up and down a hundrede times and I can't fisgure out what is wrong with it.

Zero for twenty!?!? Does it even have hooks? :lol:

Top waters are a ton of fun, but they do make you want you to shoot yourself in the head sometimes.

Iv been using the spro frogs all summer long and have had great success. Been using them for 2 years now and I find a lot of anglers seem to work their frogs very fast. I found if you just slow it down a little your hook up percentage will increase greatly. Was out last weekend at one of my favorite lakes and my brother andf I hit almost all our fish on frogs. We caught not only quantity but a lot of quality fish to.

I've tried several different models and have always returned to the lowly scum frog. Last weekend on Scugog I went 2-8 on a spro type with the weighted back end. I don't like this type of set up as I feel the button weight gets in the way of the body collapsing on hooks sets.

Scum frogs all the way and wrap the hook shaft with a few inches of light solder wire or stick one dime sized peice of sponge up inside the body. I really like the Scum Frog BigFoot version but I take a tiny stay strap and fix the legs so they don't pull out on the first fish (lost the legs on the first 2 I tied on)

I got a little tip I'm going to share here. Although some baits are amazing I still like my frog I bought from BPS-SPRO.

I had some hook setting problems and yes I could wait 5 seconds but well it's hard to get use to, I'd rather wait 1 or 2 seconds or most importantly wait for the line to start to run. I took one of the hooks and put it on the other side of the strands of rubber line stuff(see pic) now the odd time it will catch onto a weed but if worked properly ur hooking percentage or mine at least doubled in catching.

Give it a try,

MTBF

ya this is exactly what I tried to explain

I've tried several different models and have always returned to the lowly scum frog. Last weekend on Scugog I went 2-8 on a spro type with the weighted back end. I don't like this type of set up as I feel the button weight gets in the way of the body collapsing on hooks sets.

Yep...the weight keeps the frog from collapsing around the hooks. If I fish a Spro I smash the weight down with some pliers. Before I fish it I also "work" the body with my hands to soften it up.