NF Car trouble

bigredfisher

hi i am puzzled. i did a test on my car (2002 sunfire) with the computer and i came up with the code p0040 and it read a emission control failure. I looked it up on the internet and i got this

* Crossed HO2S harness connectors (upstream).

* Crossed HO2S wiring at the harness connectors (upstream).

* Crossed HO2S wiring at the 104-pin harness connectors (upstream). what might this be?

also how many o2 sensors are on my car and where are they located? thanks. I am getting crappy milage and it seems like my car only has half the power. I know for a fact that i am burning too much gas. any other things that this might be and how i could fix this. should i still replace the sensors?????

bigredfisher

thanks again.

Brother, this aint no help desk! You put it out there and if people can help or WANT to help, they will. I have experienced much joy here and have had many, but not ALL of my questions answered. Sometimes, our question is just not something people are able to answer or they fear providing answers that my direct you inappropriately... you get what you pay for!

HH

you have 2 o2 sensors on that car. find out if its the upstream one or the downstream one that needs replacing, then cut the wire put a regular deep socket on it, crank it out. then hit a napa and get the o2 sensor and the o2 socket (get the longer one of the two sockets) and plug in and play.

Cheers,

PMack

Edited by PMack

If you change it yourself in the driveway and its the O2 Sensor which is closest to the manifold.. Expect to use a wrench and propane torch..

Had to heat it before it would break free. But once changed it was good to go. Pull the battery cables for atleast 30min so that the computer resets

itself, both cables.. not just the negative..