Shhhhhhh......

bassman87

Stonefly's, Prince Nymphs, grubs and small red roe bags helped me go 0/4 today, lol. Alll fish in the 20lb range, they gave me a good 20 minutes worth of fun altogether though.

One broke my main line, one broke the leader and 2 straightened out hooks. While I didnt bring a net, where I was standing for all 4, a net woulda helped me land all 4.

While trying to tail them,...my buddy actually touched my leader on 2,..does that make it 2/4...lol The fish were few but movin around like crazy. Only saw one other guy get one, but that was by the tail,..lol

Still a fun day!!!

Rain Rain Rain!!!

Edited by StoneFly

Good job StoneFly, but I don't think the leader-touch rule applies here.:P

I think you are right, lol, and while it always adds to the satisfaction to be able to unhook the fish and release it yourself, it was a blast nonetheless.

What was even more rewarding is that there were 8 other guys fishing the hole that clearly only had 8-9 fish in over 2000 ft.sq. and I was the only one catching them, clean in the mouth each time.

Not to bring up a tiring topic, but I will argue that these salmon WILL strike in the right cicumstances when in the river. I have proven it to myself countless times.

For example: There are 4 fish in a lane that is about 300 sq ft. they are swimming around aggressively. Drift a white roe bag 20 times,..nothing, a yellow 20 times, nothing,...a red once,..bam, hit...., FEEEESH AWWWWNNNN. A grub once, bam, a grub twice, bam, a grub 3x, bam, a grub 4x, bam,..Feeeeesh AWWWWWNNNNN. The same applies to the prince. I love swtching it up and getting a hit on the first drift..., that is KEY!!!

The 3 long fights all occured within one hour and Im sorry to say that the entire pool was spooked out after that. So even though it was 0/4, it was 4/10 or so for what was available, lol.

The one that broke my mainline was snagged about 20 minutes later by another guy doing the, "big weight heavy line, let it sit and wait thing" (i dont even know what its called), but once he netted that fish, I went over to have a look (and get my float back, lol) and my hook and red mesh were in the fish's mouth, I congratulated him ( :rolleyes: ) and he said he was keeping the fish as he handed my float back and I could see in his eyes he felt guilty. Noticing it was a male I just :D and said, "if I land a female, do you want to eat her?" and his eyes lite up. He said in broken english, "I land this fish, but what you did was AWESOME, thanks for fighting her out for me". I just laughed.

Open invitation to all the non-beleivers and Naysayers to see for yourself. ;)

RAIN RAIN RAIN!!!!

Edited by StoneFly