can you believe this?

redneck666

I hear they're the worst!!!

You betcha, When I lived in Quebec, I always gave you Americans the wrong Directions to fishing lakes. Also the Skin Bars in Mtl. I always wondered what they thought when they entered the LimeLight by mistake. For got to tell them it was a Boy Bar.

Okay, here it is.... americans (from michigan) were checked at an mnr check station in northern ontario (agawa bay) and had an illegal possesion limit of 72 or 76 walleye! that of which was over the groups limit by 36 fish.... not only that, they had them illegaly packaged in a way that they were not readily available to be counted or indentified. people like that is the reason why the fisheries are going to hell. i would love to pass my love of fishing onto my kids some day but what would they think if their sitting there not catching fish?

oh ya and they got fined $7,200!

This is nothing new. Happens all the time at our Northwestern Ontario border crossings. Canadians get charged just as much proportionately IMHO. Bottom line is that we don't allow anyone to rape our resources. What saddens me is the fact the the guys from Oklahoma City, the tornado capital of the USA, came to to fish here and died in a tornado.

check out this story, busted with garbage bags of walters and muskies in APRIL!

http://www.wawa-news.com/index.php?option=...&Itemid=134

BRUTAL

shoulda banned em for 10 years

"Ji Hua Wu, of Mississauga, and Gong Quan Liu, of Toronto, pleaded guilty to two counts of catching and keeping fish during the closed season. In addition to the fines and licence suspensions, the men had their rods, tackle and fishing gear seized permanently."

i wonder if chinese ppl are caught poaching more than other races. i think this is a cultural thing, but most chinese fishermen don't release their fish. we need better education for c&r in this community.

Edited by angrypigeon

:angry: Damn Americans!!! :angry:

A while back you joked about wanting to 'rape the resource'. Two of the stories at wawa-news.com show that a few American anglers are doing just that!

There are bad apples in every barrel, whether stamped with a maple leaf or "Product of USA".

American anglers who blatantly break Canadian catch and possession regulations, or Canadians who do it in the USA, should have their fishing privileges in the host country revoked for life (in addition to hefty fines and confiscations).

A while back you joked about wanting to 'rape the resource'. Two of the stories at wawa-news.com show that a few American anglers are doing just that!

There are bad apples in every barrel, whether stamped with a maple leaf or "Product of USA".

American anglers who blatantly break Canadian catch and possession regulations, or Canadians who do it in the USA, should have their fishing privileges in the host country revoked for life (in addition to hefty fines and confiscations).

Yea, to think I was Banded from going into the USA for two years because I got caught by two American MPs in Fort Bragg just for Peeing outside their Mess at closing time. Glad I wasnt Poaching

The only problem is, When I heard someone yell at me, And I told them to take a hike, I met two of the Biggest Gorillas with my pecker still in my hand. Ouch and jail; time till my officer bailed me.

Those Michigan dudes are a blackeye to the U.S. and an embarrassment to me!!! I despise poachers, they're nothing more than thieves!!! :angry:

I can count the number of fish I've harvest while fishing in Canada on one hand (4), I'm mainly a C&R fisherman... and I never take any back accross the border, it's just too big of a hassle.

I buy the annual non resident Sportsman license whenever I go up to Canada to fish, even though I just use it for a few days. I consider it my donation to the MNR.

I don't think poaching penalties are nearly as harsh as they should be, I'd like to see some jail time to go along with those fines for those thieves!

i wonder if chinese ppl are caught poaching more than other races. i think this is a cultural thing, but most chinese fishermen don't release their fish. we need better education for c&r in this community.

thats a strong statement...

Strong....but probably accurate. I see nothing offensive in his post. As a matter of fact it strikes me as positive as he suggests educating those who are unaware of our limits perhaps due to a language/cultural barrier.

that sounds like a copout

you move to a new country, you learn the laws

Why should we have to pay to hold everybodys hand

Strong....but probably accurate. I see nothing offensive in his post. As a matter of fact it strikes me as positive as he suggests educating those who are unaware of our limits perhaps due to a language/cultural barrier.

yes and no.

suggesting to educate the masses (not simply certain anglers based on their culture/language) is great.

Making assumptions of catch and release habbits based on a groups race... not great.

im done with this one. dont want to open that can a worms!

B)

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

perhaps someone could also educate the french, italian, native, finnish, czech, and all other races while they're at it...

all races are absolutely LOADED with ignorant people.

that sounds like a copout

you move to a new country, you learn the laws

Why should we have to pay to hold everybodys hand

Not a copout......anyone poaching needs to be held accountable. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Pehaps a fine is the best way to educate. :)

yes and no.

suggesting to educate the masses (not simply certain anglers based on their culture/language) is great.

Making assumptions of catch and release habbits based on a groups race... not great.

im done with this one. dont want to open that can a worms!

B)

In his post he says "most" and therefore is not painting them all with the same brush. I took his post as personal observation and not based on proven fact.

C&R is a good thing, but the place to start might be to educate re:, and enforce, limits, seasons, sanctuaries, etc.

The mentality (in any quarter or in any group) that the regulations are things to be ignored in the quest for eating fish has to be discouraged and penalized.

Once that attitude has been established, and the deterrent is in place for those who are resistant, then C&R might have a better chance of being accepted.

Not a copout......anyone poaching needs to be held accountable. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Pehaps a fine is the best way to educate. :)

You wanted to educate people based on race.

We have law schools for that. You have to pay to go to them

I had to learn the fishing regs myself. I see no need in holding special classes, other than behind bars.

Or maybe we should have mandatory fishing classes before you can buy a license, kinda like the boaters exam :rolleyes::D

Edited by Dara

:angry: Damn Americans!!! :angry:

Hell we ain't all bad. I've fished legally in Ontario for many years and gotta say theres many times I catch myself wishing I lived in Perrault Falls. I do agree with strict consequences, maybe even turn em loose nutless. Try to remember in the event of a major catrostraphe or lets say Canada's been placed under attack you know who will be first to offer aid.

I agree with Dara I am sick of people using the cultrual barrier thing as an excuse. Plain and simple if you want to fish ,learn the regs. I know plenty of new canadians I have worked with that love to fish and hunt. They all learned the regs and follow them and if they didn't they know the price.

ya tons of americans up here raping the land, theres no way they would ever get by the border with those fish. what i see alot of americans doing now is catch and eat as much as they can and if they cant eat it throw the fish away in the bush for the bears. i seen that bull last weekend with about 10 americans camping at a very good lake. what i'd like to know is how do these guys find our good lakes???? who the hell is telling them? send them off to some mud puddle