madian voyage and we have a leak

skinny

ok so got up at 6am and headed to Waterford ponds to try out the boat and do some fishing

I get there and have to wait for others to get in the water

my turn I get un loaded and try to get going but we have some wind and i'm getting blown around a bit

the old trolling motor that came with the boat isn't enough and looks like there is water at bback of boat. um should bail that. hey I know open up the orange thing I bought that has all the saftey stuff in it to bail ok bailed . hmmmmm wounder if it's the plug in the boat guy said it was new. back to sore and drag the boat to shore to check it's loose I tighten it and try to head out again . wind has gone and I'm getting some place

things settle down I start to get it figured out and darn water still in boat

bail

start fishing and bail every once and while it leaks but you can bail it

i also think it only leaks when sitting not when moving

so how do you check for leaks or find leaks when it's at home

was still good day got 2 bass in the boat and missed a bunch either i was going to fast or not paying attention

no this wasn't the one that was supose to be the great deal but it wasn't a bad deal yet

after the boat dried from my trip it was still in the back of my truck with the front hanging out so I started to fill the boat up to look for leaks. I found them i'm guessing that the caulking on the center rib has dried up because as you add water the more it leaks but seems it's not at a rivit location but inbetween them

So next question is how do I reseal this

looking for ideas and options

Rino liner is the only one I can think of. call your local parts store thay will have it or point you to some one who will do it for you.I would take the boat to some one who does truck bed liners.

JW

Line-X is good too, but there are a bunch of them now I think

Go to a parts store and pick up some windshield sealer and gob her up. I also agree with the bed liner stuff. You can pick that stuff up cheap if you don't buy the name brand stuff.

Good luck

CHeers,

PMack

Just do it right the first time.......

Sikaflex and rebuck the rivets or replace and patch as necessary. Skip the "magic" sealers and the heartache that's gonna go with them.

I did my boat right Wayne... I sent it out and the guy had at her... no leaks now... much better then what i originally had planned...