Fireline Crystal

Kinger

I was wondering if anyone has some words about the positives and negatives (if any) using Fireline Crystal.

I am thinking of using it on my salmon rod with a large shimano spinning reel.

I fish from the bank or piers, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

i still like mono, or if i'm feeling saucy, mono with a fluoro leader.

i haven't liked a braid or superline more than plain mono yet.

yup im with Dr.S, i just used 10lb berkley trilene mono. and i caught a 22" roughly 6lb salmon tonight with it! and if your paying attention it doesnt fray.... at least with me anyway. i just did buy some berkley stuff.... the package is silver, im pretty sure its flouro....

Stick with Power Pro. The Fireline Crystal frays very easily, and does not cast as well as the same diameter Power Pro.

All fireline frays easy, other then that its good. For this reason I switched to strictly power pro. Power pro just loses its die a bit.

Some reels have poorly engineered bails that have sharp corners that fray the line as well. Anyone with a quantum energy pt-i take a look at the corner of the bail. 170$ reel and it frays line :wallbash:. From now on when selecting a reel I pay close attention to this small detail.

Some reels have poorly engineered bails that have sharp corners that fray the line as well. Anyone with a quantum energy pt-i take a look at the corner of the bail. 170$ reel and it frays line :wallbash:. From now on when selecting a reel I pay close attention to this small detail.

I have the same issue, angry to say the least. Let me know when you come up with a solution, I have struck out so far.