**Official Pike Fishing Thread**

PikeMolester

My avatar is my current pb Pike...37 inches from a back lake in the Temagami region...came from the first day I ever sight fished for them...very cool. Favourite pike lure is still a #5 or 7 Mepps aglia, and occasionally I'll toss bigger stuff, like buchertails. Also have a nice big green inline spinner with willow leaf blades that I put a white grub on...seems to work quite well. The sight fishing was totally different though...tossing minnow baits and just twitching them on bottom until the fish came over and grabbed 'em. Oh, and my set-up is a 7 (maybe 7'6) MH Bass Pro shops rod, with a Shimano Corsair spooled with 65 lb. Power Pro.

Edited by johnnyb

jocko that looks like a pic from the 80s haha!

And your point is....? :D

Actually no, it's not that far back. Good memories, though. We used to have a crew of guys (8-12) from our gun club who rented a cottage for an ice-fishing weekend every winter and we had some dandy catches. This was one of the biggest.

I'm wondering what you keyed in on... the boots? Hey I still wear those boots even now! :)

It's a scan of a photograph. There was a pre-digital era, ya know, not that long ago! ;)

This one goes a little further back... guess the year... :P

catch.jpg

Sorry, no pike.

haha you put a "few" years back i say that was quite a few years back but nice fish indeed, one to remember! also my mom has a pair of boots like the exact same from back then and still wears them haha, the whole get up is just screaming the 80s!

Edited by worm dangler

haha you put a "few" years back i say that was quite a few years back but nice fish indeed, one to remember! also my mom has a pair of boots like the exact same from back then and still wears them haha, the whole get up is just screaming the 80s!

At my age, "a few years back" is a euphemism. :D

But the picture was actually taken in the 90's. (Early 90's granted) That was one of my most memorable outings... that's why I dug back in the "archives". It was so warm that day that by sunset the bottom had gone out of the snow and we had a hard time getting back down the lake (7 miles) to the lodge. There was a foot of slush, topped by a foot of wet snow.

The whole get-up? Blue jeans, hooded sweatshirt, checkered flannelette shirt, ball cap. I still dress that way when fishing or hunting! Are you saying I'm old-fashioned? :P

I like this thread :)

Here my only fish over 40 inches from Toronto islands...

toronto-pike.jpg

These ones are from Little Vermilion Lake, about 6 hours north of Thunderbay Ontario. They were caught toward the end of May, start of June. All over these were well over 40, the biggest were over 45 inches. I use 50-65lb braided lien with 80lb fluro leaders for pike. Although you'll see some of these were caught while walleye fishing with 20lb braid...

big-head-pike.jpg

nice-northern.jpg

brave-and-bare-handed-1.jpg

big-shoulders.jpg

huge-northern-pike.jpg

2007 - these three were all on the same lure - that I made myself!

d6-4.jpg

Caught this one about 2 minutes after the one above...

d6-3.jpg

013.jpg

Edited by mepps

My buddy boated this pike when I took him fishing. It was his first time pike fishing. He preferes those silver fish.

07-04-2008102017PM-1.jpg

Heres a picture of my old man with a beauty

07-04-2008101231PM-1-1.jpg

Another good one by the old man.

07-04-2008101340PM.jpg

An old picture from years ago

07-04-2008102113PM-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...