Battery Problems

Hutch

Having trouble with my battery that is used for the engine. I'm not connecting the wires correctly and it's not recharging itself. I have two neg and two positive wires. I don't know how else to explain it but any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Hutch

Well, I'm going to take my stab at it, one pair of positive & neg wires to start the motor and the other pair for accessories such as lights, radio, fish finder, etc. Both the positive wires go to the positive post, the neg's go to the other post. No two ways about it. If it's not charging, then you may have a blown fuse in the charging circuit or the "electronics" that do the charging may be faulty. What kind of motor, etc, do you have?

Edited by Fisherman

Fully charge the battery.

Either a load tester or a multi meter. Should be between 12.5 and 13.25 if you have the load tester $39 at princes auto load test the battery if that checks good start engine and check battery should be 14+ if battery still test at same volts your charging system is not working.

Completely clean battery post and every connection and use white die electric grease on every connection.

Garnet

Why would you use di-electric grease on the contacts.

Isn't this stuff made, not to conduct electricity.

That sort of goes with the "high octane" myth...oh ya, it makes wayyyy more power, some folks should read what some products actually do and what they shouldn't be used for.

Edited by Fisherman