Man Tracker in NW Sask

holdfast

It will neat to see these guys track through my fishing stomping grounds. Looks like they'll be somewhere around Nesslin Lake. I guess it was on last night however its on again at 0600 pm SK time on OLN. Man-tracker was back in Big River in July for the opening premiere with the Town Folk. I'm routing for the man Tracker to win this one as well as most.

That show seems fake to me.... why does he never see the camera mans footprints? only the 2 running away..

Some shots are staged too.. IMHO..

What do you guys think??

I agree...one would think the camera man gives you away for sure....

Yeah, it's kinda questionable. I always remember the one episode where there is a raised road with a culvert under it.. Man Tracker is on his horse on top of the culvert and the prey are under him in the culvert hoping he passes by. The contestants are trying to be really quiet since he's right on top of them. THen you realize that the camera man (and any other crew) is just standing like 50' away in plain view of both groups capturing the situation.. Seems like there's just too much equipment and crew to make hiding a real strategy. It's a decent show to watch, but I always question how authentic it could be when both sides are being taped by the same camera at the same time. Seems like the best strategy is just look for camera men.

Yeah, it's kinda questionable. I always remember the one episode where there is a raised road with a culvert under it.. Man Tracker is on his horse on top of the culvert and the prey are under him in the culvert hoping he passes by. The contestants are trying to be really quiet since he's right on top of them. THen you realize that the camera man (and any other crew) is just standing like 50' away in plain view of both groups capturing the situation.. Seems like there's just too much equipment and crew to make hiding a real strategy. It's a decent show to watch, but I always question how authentic it could be when both sides are being taped by the same camera at the same time. Seems like the best strategy is just look for camera men.

I imagine for most scenes like this they go back later to film it.

Yea I just seen the show. Man Tracker should of caught those Boys several times. They didn t even know how to read a compass. Lets see, I believe they went from Prince Albert National Park just above Nesslin Lake, SW to Ness Creek also Ness Lake ( The Campground) Tidbit.. on the Long Weekend in August Ness Creek holds a long Weekend Blues Festival. Dance, Songs, Basket weaving, what ever Hippies do. The finish point is the southern Bay at Delaronde lake. That's where myself and John AB hope to fish sometime. What Mantracker let two Wimps from Toronto beat him using trails, getting lost, not knowing how to use a compass, running through campsites and Beaches. almost getting runned over by a truck, running into a family on ATVs. Here's the Kicker, the lost Boys found a TEEPEE while they were lost. PHONEY. But I love their American Fatigues with the Canadian Cam pattern that they copied. Look Mom, my pretty face has no mosquito bites.

Edited by holdfast

Ha Ha, its fake for sure. The two wimpy Toronto Brothers who couldn't read a map or compass, stuck to trails and ran through Built up Areas supposedly won. Wow they even ran into a family on ATVS. Oh and the lost boys even slept in a TeePee that happened to be set up where they were lost circling all nite. John AB and Albert, you may of noticed that they crossed that main dirt Road ( A Saskatchewan Highway) that we use when fishing Hackett. Ha, They almost got hit by a truck. I love the American Cam Pattern fatigues that they copied off the Canadians that the Office Boys wore. Look mom, no mosquito bites. What a Joke

A good friend of mine played the sidekick on that once, and another guy in town here that I know.

From what they say, they actually have to catch the prey. The camera guys don't give it away.

Its nice enough to say it...but HOW?

Ever seen an episode where they are crouched hiding in bush...the camera man is just standing and obviously the man tracker can see the glare off a camera...

And other people who say they have "connections" on the show says they go back to fake the shots after...which completely invalidates your statement...

I say we contact Myth Busters and get this one settled once and for all!

Its nice enough to say it...but HOW?

Ever seen an episode where they are crouched hiding in bush...the camera man is just standing and obviously the man tracker can see the glare off a camera...

And other people who say they have "connections" on the show says they go back to fake the shots after...which completely invalidates your statement...

I say we contact Myth Busters and get this one settled once and for all!

x2

He was in one a couple years ago where the 2 girls hopped into a car at 6th line to get a ride across the finish.

He was quite "put out" because they "cheated"

What does this have to do with what we were talking about previously?

And still doesn't change my earlier post....you say one thing, other people say another...neither makes sense.

Post something coherent or just let the thread die....

The show did a behind the scenes episode to show how they film the show. The game is carried out, Mantracker vs Prey first. No cameras except the ones following Mantracker. The prey have their own handheld and when you see scenes with "Prey Cam" that means it is footage from the actual game.

When it concludes, the production team goes back with the prey to recreate it so the story can be told on TV. So when you see prey hiding and the camera is standing there showing Mantracker and the prey hiding in a bush 20 feet away, it's a re-enactment. Otherwise as some of you have stated it would make no sense cause Mantracker would just follow the camera crew following the prey.

The show did a behind the scenes episode to show how they film the show. The game is carried out, Mantracker vs Prey first. No cameras except the ones following Mantracker. The prey have their own handheld and when you see scenes with "Prey Cam" that means it is footage from the actual game.

When it concludes, the production team goes back with the prey to recreate it so the story can be told on TV. So when you see prey hiding and the camera is standing there showing Mantracker and the prey hiding in a bush 20 feet away, it's a re-enactment. Otherwise as some of you have stated it would make no sense cause Mantracker would just follow the camera crew following the prey.

Thank you for posting something coherent and plausible.

So I guess all these people who "know someone" are just talking crap!

And obviously what you posted makes the most sense for the show to have any sort of legitimacy.

Thank you for posting something coherent and plausible.

So I guess all these people who "know someone" are just talking crap!

And obviously what you posted makes the most sense for the show to have any sort of legitimacy.

wow

your'e pretty impressive