Lake Muskoka Report Today - PIcs

Slayingm

I had a couple of clients out on L. Muskoka today that wanted to dialin some patterns and locations for some smallies. With no wind and screaming hot sunning conditions I knew that the bite would be tough and the morning hours would be key to get onto any good fish.

We blasted off from Gravenhurst and headed for the Northern section of the lake and started the day on some sand/rock and weed transistion's using topwater, tubes and small crankbaits. Within minutes we had the 1st fish on which was one of the biggest of the day.... a big solid Muskoka smallie that hit a Chug Bug in 8ft of water. This fish actually hit twice before finally nailing the bait good for a good hookset.....

Muskoka081309.jpg

Minutes later another solid fish was taken on a tube with a 1/8oz head working slowing along the break into deeper water... that started the pace of the day that saw us boat 21 smallies, 1 Walleye and 1 breakoff Pike and one other follow to the boat...

Muskoka2081309.jpg

Hear is a pic of yours truley with a nice Walleye that hit a jerkbait along the edge of the rock flat...

MuskokaWalleye081309.jpg

We caught fish throughout the day but had to really slow our presentations down as the day progressed as the fish were in a neutral/negative mood..... was a fun day on a beauti lake with some nice scenery throughout the day!

Take care Good Fish'n .... Greg.

nicely done, Greg...tough job...out on the water...in the hot sun...reelin' in fish :rolleyes: Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup_anim:

Hey Johnnyb.... I work really hard at what I do and its actullay much harder/time consuming then most folks think.... mind you , I always go out of my way to exceed any customers expectations on any trip.... maybe I'll too hard on myself? ;) .... Greg.

Great Job Greg...... one of the best multi-species guides around.

Ps. I replied to your email.

Thanks Phil,

Your Bro and yourself are awesome anglers too!!! Replied to your email too!!.....

Talk soon.... Greg.

nice job, Muskoka's been fishing tough this year. Chug Bugs will always take a few.

Thanks Steve,

Yes... Muskoka can be a real tough (and super frustrating fishery) at times. Its taken me a few years on the lake to figure out some good patterns throughout the season but the hard work paid off.

Judging from you posts you are having a great sesason yourself!....congrats and continued success. Maybe we can share a boat one day and trade some tricks ;) .... Greg.

great report, I always find those days when the water is like glass tougher. I remember from one of your posts you had a Stratos bassboat, is that a new boat? , looks like a multi species boat.

Hey Mikeh, It always amazes me by the PM's and responses I get how focussed folks are on a post. Yes, you are right. I sold my old bassboat and now run a 21MSX Stratos 'Great Lakes Series Walleye boat. Its much better for guiding as I can now take 4 folks out with no problem. It has a 225 Yamaha, 15 HP 4-stroke, Eletric Downriggers and fully loaded with the best in fishing eletronics and GPS systems.

Attached a pic of the new rig..... Greg.

100_0410-25.jpg