Temagami

fishnsled

The time has come for our annual ice fishing weekend. :thumbsup_anim: This year we are heading up to Temagami tomorrow and will be staying with Becca's Haven Lake Trout, whitefish, walleye and ling will be the target. One of the guys in the group was up there and said it was pretty good. I'll let you know next week. Have a great and safe weekend everyone.

Fishnsled

PS - After reading Slayingm's report, anything needed to keep in mind for cleaning a ling? Any receipes? I've heard if your cube it up and cook it in garlic and butter, it tastes like lobster!? I'll let you know if we get one.

Have fun..check my doors for me on the way by please! Mind you I guess you won't be making it to town, since you'll be going down the access road south of town. If you need any last minutes stuff, stop at "Gramps" at Angus Lake. Better tackle selection than LB's and a good rack of magazines for any bored young lad as well! lol

Edited by irishfield

HH - I'll take tons of pics, more if the fishing is great!

Wayne - "Gramps" sounds like a must do on the way up. Thanks for the tip. Nothing wrong with a couple of magazines to help kill some time between fish. :D If we get to town I'll check your doors for ya, maybe check on your new boat for you too!

Terry - They certainly are ugly and when I get one in my hands I maybe just as happy to send it down the hole. :lol: Everyone in the groups seems to want to try it so I'm sure if one comes up it will be into the fryer. It can't be any worst then carp. Yea carp. I had the chance to try some the other day that a co-worker brought in the he had bought at the store, it had been smoked. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

It can't be any worst then carp. Yea carp. I had the chance to try some the other day that a co-worker brought in the he had bought at the store, it had been smoked. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good either.

Carp can be delicious if prepared properly, it was the fish of choice when i lived in europe :D